Acer Nitro QG271 no sound through chromecast?

bindiluwho
bindiluwho Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So the Acer Nitro QG271 that I purchased apparently doesn't have an audio input/output. I have a Macbook air (no HDMI) and tried to watch something via chromecast. I get picture but no sound. Anyone know a way around this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @bindiluwho
    Make sure the volume on your Monitor is not at its lowest setting or muted. Tap the Chromecast icon in the upper right-hand corner and select Disconnect. Unplug the USB power cable and reconnect it to restart the Chromecast device, and check if its working? and also try Vizio Menu >> Audio >> Analog Audio Out >> select "Fixed".
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    If your monitor doesn’t have speakers and it doesn’t have an audio in/out....

you can google search for “HDMI Audio Extractor”. 

You can connect some speakers to the “HDMI Audio Extractor”. 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bindiluwho
    Answer ✓
    JordanB said:

Thank you, I'll try this!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    JordanB said:

Thank you, I'll try this!

@bindiluwho, you are supposed to click YES in JordanB's post, not yes in your own post

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• bindiluwho
    Tom2019 said:
    Hi @bindiluwho
    Make sure the volume on your Monitor is not at its lowest setting or muted. Tap the Chromecast icon in the upper right-hand corner and select Disconnect. Unplug the USB power cable and reconnect it to restart the Chromecast device, and check if its working? and also try Vizio Menu >> Audio >> Analog Audio Out >> select "Fixed".
    Unfortunately there is no audio port and no volume or mute function. I believe this monitor is screen only. Thank you though!