Wi-Fi 6 AX201 driver- or hardware-related problems

Options
2»

Answers

• BenChan
    BenChan Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the same problem. Returned to service center and get back after repaired. Worked for few days and crushed again. Who can help????
  • Arglebargle
    Arglebargle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had exactly this problem on my Spin 5, I solved it by replacing the AX201 wifi card with an Intel 9560NGW that I purchased on eBay for ~$13. I've had absolutely no problems with the new wifi card. I suspect that these 1st gen Intel AX cards either have QA problems or a design flaw that causes them to fail.
  • acl162
    acl162 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hi Guys, i got the same problem as you that the wifi connection is suddenly turn on or turn off. I searched on the web , some says power management problem, some says  disable 'Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power " problem , drivers problem etc ...
    I have tried many solutions on the web ... 
    1. to choose the power management to high performance or even use set netadapterpowermanagement to do so 
    2. set the wakeonpattern to 0 
    3. set the CsEnabled by REGEDIT to 0 
    4. set wifi adapter to 802.11ac , set the MIMO power saving mode to 'NO' , set the WakeOnMagic to 0  
    5. update the wireless driver to most latest one .... version 21.120.2.1 
    blablabla 

finally, the final solution is to go to acer website https://www.acer.com/ac/zh/HK/content/drivers to download ACER wireless driver. (of course you can update other your driver by ACER drivers) but the version is 21.80.2.1  .... then MY WIFI WIRELESS CONNECTION WORK. 

• VasilySmirnov
    VasilySmirnov Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I had exactly this problem on my Spin 5, I solved it by replacing the AX201 wifi card with an Intel 9560NGW that I purchased on eBay for ~$13. I've had absolutely no problems with the new wifi card. I suspect that these 1st gen Intel AX cards either have QA problems or a design flaw that causes them to fail.
    I confirm that this is a working solution.
    Laptop: Acer Swift 3 SF314-57 with 10th gen CPU and AX201 Wifi module.
    Story: after about 6 months of normal operation the Wifi completely stopped working. It happenned during ordinary youtube watching, it seems no software updates were in progress prior to failure. I could not fix the problem by re-installing the latest drivers neither from Intel nor from Acer. I purchased 9560NGW module instead of AX201 (based on the above comment) and after replacement 9560NGW works fine, did not install any other drivers, those chosen by Win 10 seem to be ok.
    Specifics: 10th gen Intel CPUs have CNVio2 interface to Wifi, while 
    9560NGW card has CNVio interface which luckily turned out to be compatible in this direction. The opposite is not true, you can't plug AX201 with CNVio2 into laptop with CNVio (e.g. 8th gen Intel CPUs) - your laptop may not even power-on until you remove the incompatible Wifi card. Compatibility information from Intel is absolutely incomplete and often confusing, so my conclusions are based mostly on forums and my own experiment.
  • VasilySmirnov
    Options
    I confirm this is a working solution.
    Laptop: Acer Swift 3 SF314-57 with AX201 wifi module.
    Story: After about 6 months of normal operation wifi completely stopped working while watching some youtube videos, no software updates were in progress. The problem could not be fixed by drivers update neither from Intel nor Acer.
    Fix: replaced AX201 -> 9560NGW (many thanks to the above comment)
    Specifics: 10th gen Intel CPU has CNVio2 interface (same as AX201), while 9560NGW has CNVio interface which luckily turned out to be compatible with 10th gen CPU. The opposite is not true, e.g. 8th gen CPU with CNVio is not compatible with AX201/CNVio2 cards (will not powerup until wifi card is removed). Intel's information on CNVio2/CNVio compatibility is incomplete and often confusing.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @VasilySmirnov Does the same problem occur when updating the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VasilySmirnov
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @VasilySmirnov Does the same problem occur when updating the bios?
    In the case of this laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF314-57) BIOS update did not fix WiFi issue
  • HulaGirl5
    HulaGirl5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the exact same problem with my Spin 3. After calling customer support twice, and even telling them that I saw the Intel R Wif-Fi 6 AX201 160MHZ was not working, they told me I had to pay to ship it in for service (I have had this under 30 days). BUT----your tip on uninstaling and then reinstalling it fixe it (for now). Thank you ACER community!  Do better, ACER customer tech support. you all were very polite, but not helpful.