Wi-Fi 6 AX201 driver- or hardware-related problems

Options
Ist
Ist Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi,

I just bought a Acer Aspire 5  laptop. I tried to connect it to the internet but there is no option to use Wi-Fi. It said The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems.

This is a brand new laptop. Can I fix it or do I need to send it back?

Thank you
Ist

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Ist   

You dont see internet Icon on network connection ?
  • Ist

Tinkerer

Options

Hi Tom,

The first time when it tried to connect to the internet it disappeared. I went back to the shop and they did reset the network but happened again. Then they deleted the driver and installed again. After that it worked in the shop but any time I would like to connect at home it is always crashing (couldn't connect for a minute) and I need a network reset to get back the icon.

I have no idea what happening. My rooter working well with any other devices. 

Thanks for any help

• Ist

Tinkerer

Options

Wow,

I turned off and on my ruter. It is working at the moment. 

• Ist

Tinkerer

Options

Did the same :(
    after 2 minutes 
  • adron
    adron Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi..

RE: Acer Aspire 5 Laptop - Wi-Fi Issue

I've just come across your post relating to "The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems' and I've got the same problem. It's really frustrating. Did you get the problem resolved or did you return the PC in the end? I'd be keen to hear from you?    
  • Ist

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,

I returned to the store to get another one. We are waiting for stock at the moment.

• adron
    adron Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Ist said:
    Hi,

I returned to the store to get another one. We are waiting for stock at the moment.

Not the answer I hoped for (lol) but sounds like a plan! Thanks.
  • Ist

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,

Some update. I got another same laptop. It has the exactly the same problem. 
    if anybody has any idea please share with me.
    Thank you

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options
    We are sorry you are having issue with the Wi-Fi on your unit.
    If you are able to connect to wireless, but the connection drops or the speed is slow, you probably do not have a hardware problem. There may be other factors that are causing the slow speeds or frequent disconnect. Try the steps below to see if they resolve your issue.

If the issue persist we suggest you contact Acer support center in your region for further assistance.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • sourc7
    sourc7 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Ist said:
    Hi,

Thank you

Hi! I got Acer Swift 3 - SF314-57G one day ago. I've experienced the same problem, I tried re-install the driver, update driver to 21.60.2.1, reset the Windows 10 but nonetheless it doesn't work. The event viewer shows "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." 

After my Windows 10 was reset. The Wi-Fi still doesn't work. I turned off the laptop, wait for a minute, then turn back on. The Wi-Fi surprisingly works. Next, I turned off the Bluetooth manually from Windows 10 control panel. After a hour of usage. I turned off the laptop, leave it about 7 hour. 

The next morning I turned on the laptop, the Wi-Fi doesn't work again. I manually turn on the Bluetooth, the Wi-Fi still doesn't work. I've restart the laptop, the Wi-Fi works again.

I still investigate whether turn off the Bluetooth affect the Wi-Fi functionality. I've also see similar Intel AX201 problem affect Surface Pro 7 https://thatonecomputerguy.wordpress.com/2019/10/25/surface-pro-7-intel-wifi-6-ax201-code-10/.
  • Ist

Tinkerer

Options

Dear Acer-Karp,

Thank you for your advice.
    I tried them before, however it looks the last update solved the problem at the moment.

Thanks

• lifeispixels
    lifeispixels Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My Swift 3  SF314-57G bought in Dec 2019 had exactly the same problem. Couldn't turn on wifi and the device manager reported there was a problem with device. Tried installing the latest wireless driver but didn't solve. So I contacted the shop and got a replacement the next day. The new laptop works perfectly as it should. I guess there is a QC issue with some production lots.
  • Jeroen1
    Jeroen1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Had the same problem twice on my new Aspire 5 and this worked for me:

Go to start: search for Device manager.
    Under 'Network adapter' you find 'Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz''
    Right click and turn it off.
    Next, you turn it back on and now the Wi-Fi should connect again.

• sourc7
    sourc7 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    sourc7 said:
    Ist said:
    Hi,

Thank you

Hi! I got Acer Swift 3 - SF314-57G one day ago. I've experienced the same problem, I tried re-install the driver, update driver to 21.60.2.1, reset the Windows 10 but nonetheless it doesn't work. The event viewer shows "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." 

After my Windows 10 was reset. The Wi-Fi still doesn't work. I turned off the laptop, wait for a minute, then turn back on. The Wi-Fi surprisingly works. Next, I turned off the Bluetooth manually from Windows 10 control panel. After a hour of usage. I turned off the laptop, leave it about 7 hour. 

The next morning I turned on the laptop, the Wi-Fi doesn't work again. I manually turn on the Bluetooth, the Wi-Fi still doesn't work. I've restart the laptop, the Wi-Fi works again.

I still investigate whether turn off the Bluetooth affect the Wi-Fi functionality. I've also see similar Intel AX201 problem affect Surface Pro 7 https://thatonecomputerguy.wordpress.com/2019/10/25/surface-pro-7-intel-wifi-6-ax201-code-10/.
    Edit: After I investigated, turn off the Bluetooth doesn't cause the problem. The problem occurs when I hold the laptop with only one hand underneath the Intel® AX201 component spot range. The wireless icon immediately changed to the globe icon.

Since it an ultra-thin laptop, I think when there is too much pressure on Intel(R) AX201, it may cause the component too short or loose, make it temporarily unavailable. Send the laptop to the service center may solve the problem.

Image from https://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-swift-3-sf314-57-review-10th-gen-intel-processors-a-super-lightweight-body/
  • Nathalie305
    Nathalie305 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Jeroen1 said:
    Had the same problem twice on my new Aspire 5 and this worked for me:

Go to start: search for Device manager.
    Under 'Network adapter' you find 'Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz''
    Right click and turn it off.
    Next, you turn it back on and now the Wi-Fi should connect again.

Hi I just bought for my son an Aspire 5 and I keep getting this problem and I have enable and disable the Intel(R) wi fi driver many times and it goes out. This is super frustrating. What should I do
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Nathalie305 Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • puregin
    puregin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    hi there,

i've had a similar issue: the wifi ssid - provided by a "wi-fi 6" enabled router (swisscom internet box 3) did not even show up under "available wifi" on my acer swift 3.

did not help at all:
    upgrading bios and all other driver via acer care center or "update driver" functionality in device manage.

did solve the problem:
    use the Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer:
    it will show updates for your intel wireless driver (and probably a few more, i had as well bluetooth drivers which had to be updated)

resboot the machine, done...

maybe this might help

cheers
    puregin

• MandarKulkarni
    MandarKulkarni Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Super annoyed with this WiFi issue on my Swift 3 SF314-57. There seems to be some problem with the Intel wifi 6 ax201 driver. Here's what I tried so far but has not worked for me.

1. Network Reset
    2. Downloaded lastest driver from official Acer website and installed it
    3. Windows reset

Windows reset got it working for couple weeks and yet again it goes down. Is this a purely hardware problem? Any help is appreciated!

Cheers
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @MandarKulkarni Ideally, you should create a new topic, so that your question is visible to other users.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PhuongMC
    PhuongMC Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    I got this problem too with "This device cannot start", and Wifi adapter in device manager "!"
    I uninstalled it, re-install, and onother day this problem happened again. Why? hardware problem?
    So any solution for this?
    Thanks