So many problems since day 1 with my Nitro AN515-52

Wilbursaurus
Wilbursaurus Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Number 1.
Random lines appearing in things like Facebook chat or on my Banking website whenever the scaling is over 100%
Number 2.
All videos I play start off blurry with stuttering audio for the first 20 seconds or so before clearing up both visually and audio.
Number 3.
Websites like Google and Facebook appear weirdly every few days. Facebook in this weird bright blue strange home page. Google with website URL's above search results.
Number 4.
Whenever I'm logged into a forum (even here) I get logged out whenever I go to the next page or click something. Have to sign in literally every single page.
Number 5.
Facebook comments are all out of order. Jumbled, never in any order regardless of whether you have it set to newest, all etc.
Number 6.
I don't have a Twitter account but whenever I go to read something there, sometimes it'll be normal twitter, other times it'll be the dark mode of Twitter.

No idea if the fact that whenever I run a virus scan via Bitdefender or Malwarebytes it sounds like a Boeing 747 is flying over the house is another problem or if that is just normal.

Anyone got any idea what I can do or what may be causing all this ?

And no it doesn't matter which browser I use. Extensions or not.
Unfortunately the store I purchased from is also now out of business. Otherwise it would of been returned. What are my options here. ?
I have taken some photos of the sites appearing oddly, how the videos start visually compared to how they end.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I answer your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Wilbursaurus !

1- could not identify the "random lines"

2- Is the device plugged into the power outlet and using the high performance Windows plan?
    Properly updated drivers?

3- absolutely nothing wrong.
    These are Facebook and Google update settings.

4- already tested with other browsers?

5- Web applications are not the responsibility of Acer.
    Have you tested it in other different browsers?

6- Again, just web system upgrade issues.

7- When running applications that require more performance, the coolers will work at high speed.
    Nothing wrong.

I suggest you upgrade your Windws, drivers and system and test with the device plugged into the power outlet.
    Disable any and all antivirus and antimalware and make a test.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Also, what are the applications that are installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    I agree with everything my friend above says about the web problems. Any problems you have with web pages whether here or Facebook etc.. are web browser setting problems and nothing to do with the laptop itself. 
    For your video problems,  update your Nvidia GPU Drivers and make sure you have selected the Nvidia GPU under Global Settings
    In the Nvidia Control Center

Please click YES if I have answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Wilbursaurus
    andylb said:
    I agree with everything my friend above says about the web problems. Any problems you have with web pages whether here or Facebook etc.. are web browser setting problems and nothing to do with the laptop itself. 
    For your video problems,  update your Nvidia GPU Drivers and make sure you have selected the Nvidia GPU under Global Settings
    In the Nvidia Control Center

Please click YES if I have answered your question
    My Nvidia control panel only seems to have '3d settings'
    Is that normal ? What do I change ?

• andylb
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Wilbursaurus
    andylb said:

I have got GeForce experience installed at the moment. Should I uninstall that ?
    Have done the above with NVIDIA Control Panel.

Hopefully fixes a few things.
    Do you have any idea what would cause things like Facebook comments always being out of order regardless of whether I have it set to 'new' or 'all' comments etc ? Always being continuously logged out of forums I'm signed into etc ? Twitter randomly going to dark mode etc ? It's like I have a problem with every browser.
    If I use Firefox for example before pictures load it always has a message in the picture about to load saying 'this photo contains such and such' like if it's a picture on Facebook or google of two people it will say in the photo before it loads 'this photo contains two people'
  • andylb
    Firstly you can Keep the Geforce Experience. 
    Your Web Browser settings are obviously out of whack and frankly I have no idea, Iv'e never had that problem

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Wilbursaurus
    andylb said:
    Firstly you can Keep the Geforce Experience. 
    Your Web Browser settings are obviously out of whack and frankly I have no idea, Iv'e never had that problem
    happens with any browser from the moment I start it even after a fresh install
    happens even after i reset the laptop
    no idea what it is