Aspire 5 turbo boost problem

Oliver151
Oliver151 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i have an Aspire 5 (A515-52G-701C) and i think it has some problems with the processor , even when i stay idle with no program in the background and 1 to 5 % utilization my processor runs at 2 to 3 Hz and the fans run at 1700 RPM
i own this laptop for 3 months only , and my brother who has an Aspire E5 for more than a year , an older model 
when he does the same thing his processor doesnt exceed 1 Hz and the fans are off they only turn on when they really are needed
i tried to set it to best battery mode or the other ones but the same thing happens
updated all drivers and even the bios

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Oliver151 !

I saw nothing wrong.
    Plugged into the power outlet, the device will work at maximum processor and GPU performance, hence higher clocks and higher temperatures.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Oliver151 !

I saw nothing wrong.
    Plugged into the power outlet, the device will work at maximum processor and GPU performance, hence higher clocks and higher temperatures.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,840 Trailblazer
    >>> even when i stay idle with no program in the background and 1 to 5 % utilization my processor runs at 2 to 3 Hz and the fans run at 1700 RPM>>>

Open ControlPanel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'choose a power plan' in left pane. Change power plan to either Balanced or PowerSaver mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ