Can I upgrade my acer nitro 7 i7 1660Ti without affecting my insurance?

Bobobagginz123
Bobobagginz123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I recently purchased a acer nitro 7 i7 from Currys pc world and I also got the £11 a month insurance which covers everything. I want to install a hdd as theres only a 500gb ssd and also increase the RAM. Can this be done without messing with my insurance and warranty thanks.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    You would have to ask Currys about their insurance but I doubt it would and in the UK RAM and SSD upgrades do not invalidate the Acer Warranty

Please click YES if I have answered your question mate

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,734 Pathfinder
    Hi I recently purchased a acer nitro 7 i7 from Currys pc world and I also got the £11 a month insurance which covers everything. I want to install a hdd as theres only a 500gb ssd and also increase the RAM. Can this be done without messing with my insurance and warranty thanks.
    Installing HDD and RAM should be okay. Show a picture of the backside of your laptop to get a better idea. On my Predator 300 and Nitro 5 there are two windows - one for RAM and one for second disk - both openable without the need to take off the entire back cover.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    You would have to ask Currys about their insurance but I doubt it would and in the UK RAM and SSD upgrades do not invalidate the Acer Warranty

Please click YES if I have answered your question mate

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

This discussion has been closed.