PH 315 52 Better performance after rebooting.

ThatDudeOverThere
ThatDudeOverThere Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
     Hi, I'm kinda new to gaming on PC and the helios 300 is my first laptop purchase, no regrets, really. I've been gaming on this predator for about 2 months now and I notice that whenever I reboot, the performance gets better (as in 50 fps to smooth above 60 fps). Is it normal or do I have some issues with my graphics?
     The model I'm using is PH 315 52.
P/s: Don't know if this is worth mentioning or not but the game I'm playing is Classic Skyrim which runs on a dx 9 application. 

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,734 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
         Hi, I'm kinda new to gaming on PC and the helios 300 is my first laptop purchase, no regrets, really. I've been gaming on this predator for about 2 months now and I notice that whenever I reboot, the performance gets better (as in 50 fps to smooth above 60 fps). Is it normal or do I have some issues with my graphics?
         The model I'm using is PH 315 52.
    P/s: Don't know if this is worth mentioning or not but the game I'm playing is Classic Skyrim which runs on a dx 9 application. 
    Check software and background processes that get kicked in when the system is on for a while. If you have your laptop well optimized in terms of software this issue should not arise.
    I pretty much NEVER shut down my laptops - I almost always put them to hibernate - shutting them down maybe once a month or so, or when I install something that needs a laptop restart.
    And some games I used to play include Skyrim and Witcher.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • ThatDudeOverThere
    What do you mean by well optimized? When I boot up and check task manager, it's mostly around 48÷50 processes running and about 40-ish % of ram usage. In terms of software, I barely download anything beside benchmark tools (msi afterburner but it's not used most of the time), steam and some other tools for modding skyrim. Do you have any suggestion?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,734 Pathfinder
    What do you mean by well optimized? When I boot up and check task manager, it's mostly around 48÷50 processes running and about 40-ish % of ram usage. In terms of software, I barely download anything beside benchmark tools (msi afterburner but it's not used most of the time), steam and some other tools for modding skyrim. Do you have any suggestion?
    Check the pinned posts on here... there are a couple threads on how to optimize windows... like disabling search service and such. If a system performance deteriotes over time in a slow way, it is kinda acceptable, but from what you say you kind of need to restart it every day or two. Looks like there are some programs that are running the background on your system. Also, with windows 10, it comes with a lot of unneeded services and store apps. An example here would be to remove all apps that are not necessary.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • ThatDudeOverThere
    sri369 said:
    Check the pinned posts on here...

I don't know, man. The thing is, my CPU usage always sits at 1%. Even with web browser up and running, that number barely surpasses 6% (I'm monitoring under normal usage scenario: about 4 tabs open) . About the bloatwares that come installed on windows 10, I've done as much as I can to uninstall them (the uninstall button is all greyed out now) but I'm not concerned about them that much as they don't run in the background. As I can see, background tasks on my system mostly are Intel and Nvidia related drivers and stuff. I'm not sure whether uninstalling them would do harm or not.
         Maybe it's the problem with the game, I think. Afterall, my skyrim is pretty much modded and jacked up with ENB so I'm not sure if I could use that game to determine my rig's performance. I get smooth fps with Killing Floor 2 all the time which leads me to think that it's about the compatibility between modern hardware with old game.