TImax
TImax Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Rig details :-
Core i7-8750H
GTX 1050 4GB
12 GB DDR 4
1TB with 16 GB Optane

When I play some high end games like Mass effect Andromeda ,Rainbow six siege my laptop getting heat so much.Also there is a huge FPS drop while I'm in game.I attched a screenshot of nitro sense application.It shows me some gaps/drops between heat & usage graph.I need to know this temperatures are ok or not ? & what is the cause to above mentioned FPS drop?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Options
    TImax said:
    Core i7-8750H
    GTX 1050 4GB
    12 GB DDR 4
    1TB with 16 GB Optane

When I play some high end games like Mass effect Andromeda ,Rainbow six siege my laptop getting heat so much.Also there is a huge FPS drop while I'm in game.I attched a screenshot of nitro sense application.It shows me some gaps/drops between heat & usage graph.I need to know this temperatures are ok or not ? & what is the cause to above mentioned FPS drop?

Your coolboost is off turn on 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • TImax
    Options
    TImax said:
    Core i7-8750H
    GTX 1050 4GB
    12 GB DDR 4
    1TB with 16 GB Optane

There is no advantage after turn on coolboost while maximum fan speeds.Because maximum fan speed is 6122 RPM.
  • TImax
    Options
    TImax said:
    Core i7-8750H
    GTX 1050 4GB
    12 GB DDR 4
    1TB with 16 GB Optane

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    @TImax How is the performance if you set it on "balanced" instead of "high performance"? That could help lower your temps a bit.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    The problem here is that those temperatures aren't excessive in fact they are well within tolerance so something else is going on here.

Make sure you do all below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the PhysX Configuration tab

3. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TImax
    Options
    andylb said:
    The problem here is that those temperatures aren't excessive in fact they are well within tolerance so something else is going on here.

Make sure you do all below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the PhysX Configuration tab

3. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Still same

• TImax
    Options
    sri369 said:
    @TImax How is the performance if you set it on "balanced" instead of "high performance"? That could help lower your temps a bit.
    No performance changes after switch to balanced mode. :anguished:
  • andylb
    Options
    Once again you do NOT have a heat problem. Are these two games online games? If they are it probably has nothing to do with your laptop. Online games suffer from FPS drop and stuttering due to the games servers and bottlenecking etc. 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TImax
    Options
    andylb said:
    Once again you do NOT have a heat problem. Are these two games online games? If they are it probably has nothing to do with your laptop. Online games suffer from FPS drop and stuttering due to the games servers and bottlenecking etc. 
    @andylb Yes of course.Specially Rainbow Six siege.So 98'c is normal temperature?
  • andylb
    Options
    No 98 deg is not normal but nowhere above did you post a screenshot of 98 deg. 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TImax
    Options
    andylb said:
    Please take a look at Nitrosense temperature graph.Max cpu temp = 98'c,Max gpu temp = 94'c. :anguished:
  • andylb
    Options
    TImax said:
    andylb said:
    Please take a look at Nitrosense temperature graph.Max cpu temp = 98'c,Max gpu temp = 94'c. :anguished:

Ok I see it now

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★