My laptop wont output to an external display, and it beeps whenever I plug it in.

JPvrb
JPvrb Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
So around two days ago, I dropped my laptop with the bottom facing and landing on the floor. Ever since that drop, my acer aspire 7 will no longer output a display to my monitor, which I have been using since the screen of the laptop was cracked almost 5 months ago. Not only that, but the laptop makes a short but loud beep sound whenever I plug in the charger, and whenever I remove the charger. I have no idea what is causing this, as my screen is cracked so I cannot see anything on the laptop. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions that I could use to fix my computer, that don't involve going out for help from a technical support store. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,840 Trailblazer
    One or more solder connections on the motherboard have probably been cracked. This can sometimes be fixed by removing the motherboard and all heat sensitive components attached to it (like the hard drive, memory modules and any plastic parts) and solder reflowing the motherboard. This is done by actually baking the board in a toaster oven prehated to about 425*-450*F for about 10 mins to remelt/repair the cracked solder connections. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ