Looking to upgrade my Acer AN517-51-59QP's RAM and storage space.

Flay
Flay Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Corsair CMSX8GX4M1A2666C18 Vengeance Performance Memory Kit 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz CL18 Unbuffered SODIMM

Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming 2.5 inch SSHD SATA 6Gb/s Flash Accelerated (8GB) Performance Hard Drive - Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000LXZ01)

I'm kind of a pc noob, I just want to know if these are compatible with my laptop.

Also, I've seen on the forums that I need to get a mounting kit and a cable to install another hard drive. Is this true for my model?

Answers

• Hi,
    You need to find out the specs of the current module installed, download and install CPU-z, run it and go to Memory tab, SPD tab and post the snip, you need to match specs of your current module when you upgrade RAM.
    You have two M.2 NVMe slots and a HDD bay, you have to find out whether you have the kit included or not by opening the back cover, as you already have M.2 SSDs for boot drive, there's no point in getting a SSHD, just buy the normal spinner drive and it should be sufficient as a storage drive.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

• Flay

Attached
  • Flay
    Hi,
    You need to find out the specs of the current module installed, download and install CPU-z, run it and go to Memory tab, SPD tab and post the snip, you need to match specs of your current module when you upgrade RAM.
    You have two M.2 NVMe slots and a HDD bay, you have to find out whether you have the kit included or not by opening the back cover, as you already have M.2 SSDs for boot drive, there's no point in getting a SSHD, just buy the normal spinner drive and it should be sufficient as a storage drive.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

It looks like the RAM specs match. As for the hard drive, I'll just get the SeaGate Barracuda instead of the Firecuda?
  • Yes, that's correct and also you may have to get the SATA cable and bracket.