Motherboard size for Aspire T AT3-715A-UR11

I'm wondering if I can gut my computer and put all of the parts into another case but I haven't been able to find any specifications for the motherboard, and I want to know if it's a micro ATX, ATX, or DTX? It would be a giant pain to get my tower out right now and measure it myself, otherwise I would just do it myself... thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Here is the layout of that MB, it looks to me like a micro-ATX. with the three slots. That size or smaller will work. Notice the 12 pin power connector, if the new MB uses a 20 pin you'll want an adapter or new PSU.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Turfbag
    Turfbag Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Billsey, I have this same Acer PC. It sat unused since purchasing in 2018. I'm trying to use it now for basic surfing, but it's slower than dirt. I removed as much of the bloatware as I could. I believe I'll now proceed with a RAM upgrade. Any recommendations? Do you happen to know the fastest RAM supported by this MB? It currently has 1 stick of 8 GB DDR4 2133.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Turfbag
    If your Internet service is not too slow, usually changing from an old style spinning HDD to a Solid State Drive(SSD) will solve the problem even without adding RAM.  As SSD is at least 2-3 times faster than spinning HDD, depending on the base of comparison is 4200, 5400, 7200 or even 10,000 RPM drive. I think 8 GB should be enough for web surfing. My PC RAM usage usually does not exceed 7 GB with the exception of the cases of some video editing. 
    If your motherboard supports dual channel memory, then you may be benefited by adding another 8 GB stick of same spec for little better performance though.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    You will be much better served to put those funds into a SSD to replace the HDD in it now. Memory will only help if you are actually running out of physical memory, and with 8GB that would be unusual. Once you are booting from the SSD if you still want more memory, just duplicate the existing stick, DDR4 2133MHz. That will put you in dual channel mode which does help.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.