XF270h backlight bleed/clouding

Jms427
Jms427 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I just bought an XF270h from best but. On dark screens I notice what appears to be some significant bleeding/clouding in the shape of a rectangle across the screen. Please see attached photo. It was taken during a loading screen for call of duty but that clouding is seen on all black screens. This isn't in the realm of acceptability for this monitor, correct? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    That's actually pretty normal backlight bleed when the monitor is set fairly bright. It doesn't end up looking bad at all when the screen is a bit busier and taking your brightness down a bit will help if you have a dark, blank screen like that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jms427
    Jms427 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    That's actually pretty normal backlight bleed when the monitor is set fairly bright. It doesn't end up looking bad at all when the screen is a bit busier and taking your brightness down a bit will help if you have a dark, blank screen like that.
    I do have brightness and contrast under 50 so it's not exceedingly bright. But my concern is that rectangle in the middle. I've never seen a monitor or tv with that before.