Game stuttering when using Xbox one controller FIXED Helios 300

IsaacLow
IsaacLow Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I figured Id share how I fixed the 'stuttering' in some games using my Xbox one controller on my Helios 300.  The game would operate normally using keyboard and mouse, but when I start moving the analog sticks the game stutters and lags quite a bit, making any game unplayable.  So, I contacted Acer customer support via phone.  The person was very helpful but through uninstalling/installing my Bluetooth drivers as well as resetting my pc I still had the same issue.  So I did some troubleshooting of my own to avoid waiting weeks to return and eventually get another gaming laptop.  I noticed after unplugging my monitor that the game did not stutter on the predator's display.  Finding this, I looked under device manager (you can look this up in the windows search bar) then went to my display adapters and updated my 1660ti driver from device manager.  I also checked for windows updates windows search bar>>check for updates>>clicked check for updates.  There were some updates found so I updated them then I restarted my computer to install them.  The issue was still present after this though, so I decided to restart the computer again with my monitor disconnected then connected it again.  Loaded up a classic, rocket league, and just to my surprise it actually worked.  No stuttering or lag whatsoever anymore, I am using a bluetooth connection for my controller without the wireless adapter (don't buy that ***** thing you do not need it), not that I had one in the first place but I just wanted to put that in there.  So there you have it, a very annoying issue fixed just with some simple troubleshooting. 

I may also add that I overclocked my monitor's refresh rate to 75hz from 60hz by adding a custom resolution because I wanted a higher refresh rate.  This is very easy to do.  I may add that you need to look in the owner's manual for your monitor to see what cable supports what resolution at what refresh rate, for example: I am using an HDMI cable so I saw that in my monitor's owners manual says it can only support 75hz at a 1920x1080 resolution.  So this will not be listed in the control panel as a native resolution, which means you have to create a custom one.  This is done my right clicking your desktop and selecting the NVIDIA control pannel>>change resolution>>customize>>it will then pull up a new tab just check the box at the bottom that makes it visible>>create custom resolution.  Then create your custom resolution with the specified refresh rate, making sure it is on progressive.  You then will click test at the bottom  

Answers