Instant shutdown after unplugged, battery 100% Aspire E14 E5-476G

wandt
wandt Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Why my laptop shutdown immediately after power cord unplugged?
I have "BatteryCare" software which have info written: charge/discharge rate: 0W. Does it mean anything?
Aspire E14 E5-476G
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Acer care center say the battery status is good.

Best Answer

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @wandt
    your laptop turns off immediately when you unplug it from a power source, it means your battery is not working but you can try below steps to fix this problem.
    1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. ...
    3. If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds. 
    4. go to device manger and update drivers 

Press Win + R to open the Run window and type the command powercfg.cpl. Press Enter to open thePower Options window.

Click on Change plan settings for the current plan in use.

On the next window, select Change advanced power settings.

In the next window, expand Processor power management > Maximum processor state.

Change the value for On battery mode to 25%.

To run the Power troubleshooter, click on Start and go to Settings > Updates and Security > Troubleshoot. Select and run the  power troubleshooter  from the list.Restart the system and check if it solves your problem.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"

Answers

• Tom2019
    Answer ✓
    Hi @wandt
    your laptop turns off immediately when you unplug it from a power source, it means your battery is not working but you can try below steps to fix this problem.
    1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. ...
    3. If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds. 
    4. go to device manger and update drivers 

Press Win + R to open the Run window and type the command powercfg.cpl. Press Enter to open thePower Options window.

Click on Change plan settings for the current plan in use.

On the next window, select Change advanced power settings.

In the next window, expand Processor power management > Maximum processor state.

Change the value for On battery mode to 25%.

To run the Power troubleshooter, click on Start and go to Settings > Updates and Security > Troubleshoot. Select and run the  power troubleshooter  from the list.Restart the system and check if it solves your problem.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"

• wandt
    tried each steps, still happen.
    Also in step 1, laptop immediately turn off as soon as the power cord is unplugged, so the step 2 doesn't have effect..
    Please help
  • wandt
    Do you know the how to resolve this issue?
    Thank you for responding
  • Tom2019
    Hi @wandt

Well i think you need replace Battery from Acer Authorized service Center in region. 
  • SPM
    SPM Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi @wandt

Although I had the same problem last week, I have completely resolved it now. I have tried many methods previously:
    Method 1: Changing Power Management Settings
    Method 2: Reinstall Battery Drivers
    Method 3: Run Power-Troubleshooter
    Method 4: Unstall Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery
    Method 5: Power Reset Button
    Method 6: Disconnecting the Battery
    But the laptop taskbar still showed 100% battery full and the charger still refused to do charging, once I unplugged the charger, the laptop shutdown. 
    The final solution what I did is to disable Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery by right clicking this tool in Device Manager. The battery icon disappeared from the taskbar. I shutdown my laptop, unplug the AC power, let it sit for one hour. Afterwards, I pressed Power button to start the laptop without AC power, the laptop can then run on battery without ACPI interruption. I drained up the whole battery till the laptop shutdown automatically. Right at this time, I plugged in AC power, turned on the laptop, immediately enabled Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery by right clicking this tool in Device Manager. The battery icon appeared on the taskbar now, and indicated it was being charged from 3%. This problem can finally be resolved. Bravo!

SPM