Chromebook 11 CB3-132 not starting

Jammers
Jammers Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My CB3-132 isn't starting up properly. If I attempt to reset it by holding down refresh and tapping the power key, I can see that it displays the chrome logo momentarily without any backlight, and then doesn't seem to get any further. Otherwise it seems to be bricked. Any ideas about how I can get this back to working?

Answers

• Jammers
    Jammers Member Posts: 3 New User
    It seems that the backlight isn't working. Using a torch I've run recovery on the chromebook, but no backlight regardless of whether I turn the brightness up and down. Other than having to use a torch, the laptop does work. Is there any way that this could be software related, or is this now a warranty return?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Sounds like you've done the right things in diagnosing the problem. It's definitely a warranty issue, go ahead and contact Acer support and they'll get it fixed for you. I believe on those models the backlight drivers are builtin, so it's not just a cheap easy fix. They'll have to replace the whole display...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.