Alt + F10 doesn't work i want to reset my laptop as factory with all app that acer have.

SSTEFANI
SSTEFANI Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa
After formatting partition C: function Alt+F10 doesn't work but recovery partition is here. i want to reset my laptop as factory with all app that acer have. 
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• SSTEFANI
    my hdd was full and i tried to reset from Alt F10, but this doesn't work because hdd is full and show me error. i tried to deete partition c after that create partition c and format it. when i restart laptop function Alt + F10 doesn't work. i think partition table problem or boot file . please help me
  • Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @SSTEFANI
    i think recovery partitions are deleted and alt+f10 are not working, if your is loaded with windows 10 OS, then you can download the ISO from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 and use rufus to transfer the iso file into flash drive https://rufus.ie/
    and then boot your computer into BIOS using f2 or delete key, 

To restore your computer using the OS Recovery and Restore USB Key, please follow the steps below:

1. Power your computer off.
    2. Connect the OS recovery and restore USB key to a USB connector on your computer.
    3. Power your computer on and press the F2 key when the splash screen first appears.
    4. From the BIOS, use your arrow keys to move and highlight the Boot menu.
    5. In the Boot list make sure that the first device is the USB HDD followed by a model name.
    6. Use the arrow keys to highlight your USB HDD and press F6 to move it to the top of the list.
    7. Use the arrow keys to highlight Exit menu at the top of your screen.
    8. Press ENTER on the Exit Saving Changes option and Enter again to confirm changes.
    9. Select USB HDD from the Boot Option menu and press the Enter key.
    10. Follow the instructions on your screen.

"Hit Accept if its helpful"
  • SSTEFANI
    Hello
    Thank you for your answer. This is what i tried and  i install windows. but i want to make functional again Alt F10. is this possible?
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Thanks Tom
  • Lourdy
    Lourdy Member Posts: 3 New User

It isnt working, nothing

This discussion has been closed.