Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Mixed Reality Headset not powering on

JayVuJayVu Member Posts: 3 New User
After going through the requirements and pressing next, I was brought to a screen on the Mixed Reality Portal where it tells me to connect my headset which was already plugged in. It is connected to a USB at the back of my PC and the HDMI plugged into my graphics card.

Here are the specs:

And this is the message I am getting after pressing next:

I also did notice that after plugging the headset without opening Mixed Reality Portal yet, it did not detect the headset right away, could it be I have a defective one? I bought this VR Headset which came with an ACER PC as a bundle two years ago on Black Friday. WAY passed warranty but had no time to actually use it until now. 

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 8,899 Trailblazer
    Double and triple check that you are plugging the USB into a 3.0 or 3.1 port (blue or orange), not a 2.0 (black). It definitely needs the higher speed and power...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JayVuJayVu Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    Double and triple check that you are plugging the USB into a 3.0 or 3.1 port (blue or orange), not a 2.0 (black). It definitely needs the higher speed and power...
    For all those attempts I’ve done the cord was always in a USB 3.0 or 3.1. 
  • 29Forever29Forever Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have exact same issue, not sure how to fix it. I've tried it with 2 PC's and headset does not show s up on either one. It appears something is wrong with the cable or it is completely bricked. Were you able to resolve the issue?
  • JayVuJayVu Member Posts: 3 New User
    29Forever said:
    I have exact same issue, not sure how to fix it. I've tried it with 2 PC's and headset does not show s up on either one. It appears something is wrong with the cable or it is completely bricked. Were you able to resolve the issue?
    No not yet, I might end up opening up the headset myself to see if there is a cable problem soon. Getting a bit impatient 🙃