Options
13»

Answers

• ManDueri
    ManDueri Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Options
    Ok, this is my very first Acer product I bought and, ok, I have the flicker issue (the color issue for me is not related to the monitor itself but in the way, Windows currently handles HDR content) , but Acer reacted quite "quick" for me with the possible update of the firmware.
    So I personally, at the moment, will stick at least with this Acer product. 
    For people with different experiences or opinions about the brand like you, the only right way is too send their product back, so that Acer wake's up due to this "feedback". So I understand your decision completely. 

Regards

• BrutalBipedal
    BrutalBipedal Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options
    ManDueri said:
    Ok, this is my very first Acer product I bought and, ok, I have the flicker issue (the color issue for me is not related to the monitor itself but in the way, Windows currently handles HDR content) , but Acer reacted quite "quick" for me with the possible update of the firmware.
    So I personally, at the moment, will stick at least with this Acer product. 
    For people with different experiences or opinions about the brand like you, the only right way is too send their product back, so that Acer wake's up due to this "feedback". So I understand your decision completely. 

Regards

I totally agree. It is just a pity that my experiences were mostly positive until this point, if the monitor was not as expensive as it is/was then I'd probably be less critical. It is a lot of money to not have a product that works perfectly out of the box without screen washout, flickering and very visible HDR issues while other manufacturers monitors do not have this problem.

Unfortunately I feel the monitor industry is dying and TV's are now offering good monitor technology as well as part of the TV which is catering to a better standard than a monitor albeit in a larger form.

• PCsteps
    PCsteps Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Well, everyone, I found a solution to the flickering, at least on my cg437k

Having turned on the "Refresh Rate Num" on the Gaming menu, I noticed that every time the monitor was flickering, the refresh rate dropped from 120 to 49-50 and then back up. Not while gaming, just on normal PC use, or on some specific programs, such as Davinci Resolve.

The culprit? I had G-sync enabled for both windowed and full screen mode on the Nvidia control panel.

I just switched to "Enable for full screen mode", restarted the PC, and now my desktop has a rock solid 120Hz on any windowed apps I run, no more flickering.

Give it a try. I don't know if AMD has anything similar for Freesync, or even if Freesync is a problem with this monitor.
  • magicat777
    magicat777 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2023
    Options

Same flickering issue. Monitor was purchased for $1300 from Amazon in July 2022 and six months later I'm having a horrible flicker/moirre pattern on the screen. It started as just a brief flash for about a second and has progressively gotten worse over the last two weeks to the point that I had to swap the monitor.

I'm seriously doubting Acer's manufacturing quality as my Predator laptop from 2020 had a number of premature failures (fan, motherboard, and panel) that required extensive warranty repair.

While I love the LOOK and DISPLAY of this monitor, but the quality is typical Acer.