Is there any chance to install a driver from Intel?

Jobo
Jobo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Photoshop 2020 crashes shortly after I have started it. When I check with Adobe, Intel Graphics 520 is compatible but the driver is too old. I have the latest driver from Acer (20.19.15.4454 from 2016). The driver from Intel cannot be installed.

Answers

• Hello,
    You can install a driver from Intel but you have first to create a restore point and uninstall the current drivers (display and audio) from Device manager until you get basic or standard Microsoft drivers. Follow the Intel procedures #2 and #3: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html
    France
  • Jobo
    Jobo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you very much for your help. This was the good way to start. The remove of the existing driver from Acer was a bit tricky. I first removed the 2 drivers in the device manager, but I was not able to install the Intel driver after that. I then reinstalled the driver from Acer and removed the audio driver in Device Manager and the display driver in Apps and Features. After that I could install the driver from Intel.
    My Photoshop 2020 now runs without any problem.
    The only problem that remains, is that my computer takes about 3 minutes to reboot. But this may have been already before.