Realtek audio console "cannot connect to rcp service"

Zahroxx
Zahroxx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. Just now out of nowhere my mic didn't seem to work. Before this i was able to use my headset mic. But i had to change the audio input as headset instead of headphones in the Realtek audio console. But now i somehow can't open it. I tried to update windows but i got an 0x80080005 error. I tried reinstalling the driver from predator website but i still cant fix. Help would be appreciated. It's winter and I wanna game

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Zahroxx
    :-Ensure your RPC services are running properly
    1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “services.msc” and press Enter.
    2) On the Services window, scroll down to find the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Ensure their status is Running and their startup is set to Automatic. 

:-Check the firewall on your computer  1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “control“ and press Enter. 
    2) On Control Panel, search windows firewall. And then click Allow an app through Windows Firewall below Windows Firewall.
    3) Scroll down to find Remote Assistance. Ensure its communication is enabled (All the boxes of this item are ticked).

:-Check your Registry
    a) Log in your operating system as Administrator (Registry Editing requires Administrator Privileges).

b) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “regedit“ and press Enter.

d) If you found Remote Procedure Call (RPC) was not correctly set when you tried method 1,  you can edit Start registry key in RpcSs path. Double click on Start to edit its value. Set its value data to 2.

e) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DcomLaunch.  See if there is any item missing. If you found DCOM Server Process Launcher was not correctly set, double click on Start registry key to edit its value. Set its value data to 2.

f) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapperSee if there is any item missing. If you previously found the setting of RPC Endpoint Mapper was not correct, double click on Start registry key to edit its value. Again, set its value data to 2.

• Zahroxx
    Zahroxx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tom2019 said:
    Hi @Zahroxx
    1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “services.msc” and press Enter.
    2) On the Services window, scroll down to find the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Ensure their status is Running and their startup is set to Automatic. 

:-Check the firewall on your computer  1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “control“ and press Enter. 
    2) On Control Panel, search windows firewall. And then click Allow an app through Windows Firewall below Windows Firewall.
    3) Scroll down to find Remote Assistance. Ensure its communication is enabled (All the boxes of this item are ticked).

a) Log in your operating system as Administrator (Registry Editing requires Administrator Privileges).

b) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “regedit“ and press Enter.

d) If you found Remote Procedure Call (RPC) was not correctly set when you tried method 1,  you can edit Start registry key in RpcSs path. Double click on Start to edit its value. Set its value data to 2.

e) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DcomLaunch.  See if there is any item missing. If you found DCOM Server Process Launcher was not correctly set, double click on Start registry key to edit its value. Set its value data to 2.

f) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper. See if there is any item missing. If you previously found the setting of RPC Endpoint Mapper was not correct, double click on Start registry key to edit its value. Again, set its value data to 2.

Hey man thanks for the help! But unfortunately it still cannot connect to rcp services. I was thinking if i should just buy a usb sound card because I read it somewhere yesterday. But do you think it would work as the realtek audio console still can't open? Also side note, i get an error code 740 if i try to install the mx wave and realtek audio console from acer. But if I ran as administrator, I got an error code 183. Thats all I know for now. Thanks again man
  • Tanmay20
    Tanmay20 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i am getting the same error "cant connect to RPC service" what should i do??? i've tried the above method too ...Zahroxx said:
    Tom2019 said:
    Hi @Zahroxx

f) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper. See if there is any item missing. If you previously found the setting of RPC Endpoint Mapper was not correct, double click on Start registry key to edit its value. Again, set its value data to 2.

Hey man thanks for the help! But unfortunately it still cannot connect to rcp services. I was thinking if i should just buy a usb sound card because I read it somewhere yesterday. But do you think it would work as the realtek audio console still can't open? Also side note, i get an error code 740 if i try to install the mx wave and realtek audio console from acer. But if I ran as administrator, I got an error code 183. Thats all I know for now. Thanks again man

• NoelMP4
    NoelMP4 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and check if the following Realtek Audio Driver and Realtek Audio Software Components are installed and listed:

If the software components are not listed, uninstall the Realtek audio driver, reboot and clean install the audio driver from scratch.