Acer Triton 500 2080 maxq no gsync?

elts090
elts090 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi all
im after abit of help.
i had a crash about 3 weeks ago where my gpu wasnt recognised after a direct x failure.  i eventually got this working again after a reinstall but i went ti check my g sync settings earlier and they wasnt there?

i could have sworn i turned them on when i first got it!
ive since then gone from bils 1.11 i think to the lastes 1.19 i think it is ans i am on gforce 441.66.

i only have the 3d setting in the control panel tayher than the gsync and etc.
can anyone help?

i dont know if i have to edit bios with the updates to disable the internal gpu possibly? i didnt have to fo this before though.

thanks

Answers

• Sehnsucht
    Sehnsucht Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    When you have a G-Sync monitor, the internal graphics is disabled at hardware level, I believe. And I don't know of any way to enable it even if you want to. Certainly shouldn't happen randomly. Have used nothing but G-Sync monitors as primary screen for many years now, and never had this issue.

I would recommend trying some kind of driver cleaning software to remove all traces of your Nvidia driver, then installing the latest one via GeForce Experience or downloading manually from the Nvidia site.

As a last resort, you can always reset Windows, or manually format and re-install Windows yourself.
    Acer Predator Neo 16 (PHN16-72)
    i9 14900HX
    RTX 4070 140w
    32GB DDR5 5600MHz
    16" 2560x1600 240hz G-Sync
    1TB SK Hynix M.2 PCI-E 4.0
    2TB Kingston NV2 PCI-E 4.0
  • mafeifei
    mafeifei Member Posts: 4 New User
    open Predator sense to click setting 
    Switch GPU