Acer Aspire black screen 8943G - 3215

Ellekay
Ellekay Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, the problem started about 2 weeks ago when I went to turn on my computer after being in sleep mode overnight. The screen was black and wouldnt light up. No logo or splash page. Eventually i got into the computer by some series of button pushing that now wont work. I cant even get to that point anymore. I was just on the computer last night playing a game (it took about 30 tried of turning the computer on and off again but it did turn on and run fine) now I cant seem to the screen to turn on at all. Pressing F8 worked a few times over the past couple weeks but no more. I tried pressing F2 F9 F10 and enter but nothing happens. I cant affored a laptop right now and I would at least like to be able to get my files off the computer. Any tips or ideas? I'm not tech savvy so I'm afraid of doing anything to ruin my laptop.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Sounds like the video cable either needs to be re-seated a few times at the mainboard and LCD or the cable itself has trace breaks from the wear and tear of opening and closing too much. In either case, the laptop must be opened up to access the connectors. Replacement cables should be fairly inexpensive but the labor involved in installing it is time-consuming. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ellekay
    Ellekay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for taking the time to answer, I guess it's not something I can fix myself so I'll have to take it in.