MY WIFI AND HOTSPOT ICONS DISAPPEARED FROM CONTROL PANEL, CANNOT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORKS

Options
PrettyGirl2019
PrettyGirl2019 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello there, 

I have an Acer Aspire 315-53 laptop, and everything was find till yesterday. Today I woke up, turned on my laptop, but I discovered that the wifi and hotspot icons disappeared from the task bar and control panel. Naturally I couldn't connect to wireless networks. I looked up the problem online and did almost all the applicable steps, such as:

1. I reset my IP address
2. I disabled the wireless network adapter and enabled it
3. I uninstalled the wireless network adapter (Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377) and reinstalled it
4. I unchecked the power management options which turns off the wireless adapter automatically when the power is low

unfortunately, all these steps have failed. I'm really in a desperate situation and I need this fixed because I have to submit my work to the university before the deadline and I don't have access to wired connection. 

Please help!!!

I appreciate your replies.

Thank you,

Mia

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @PrettyGirl2019
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
    3. Now click "Manage known networks".
    4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
    5. Click the "Forget" button.
    6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
    7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
    8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
    9. Now click "Manage known networks".
    10. Click "Add a new network" and enter the network name.
    11. Using the drop-down menu, select the "network security type".
    12. Check the "Connect automatically" option.
    13. Now check the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting" option and click "Save".

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • PrettyGirl2019
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Tom. I clicked on Network & Security, but the "Wifi" option is no where to be seen. I'll post a screenshot for you (I'm sorry it's in Russian)
    I clicked on the "configure adapter settings" option, it opens a page which shows my wireless adapter (second screenshot), I right-clicked on it, did all the options like disabling and enabling it, then I also deleted the driver and reinstalled it. It's not working :-/
    Is there another way please?

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @PrettyGirl2019

I dont see WiFi Option on your Pc, i think you need to download the drivers from acer website https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/support
    and download the wifi driver 

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • PrettyGirl2019
    Options
    I did. I downloaded both LAN wireless drivers from the same site. But it didn't help either. Check the screenshots please.