HEEEEEELP! Aspire F5-573-7630 running on a version of linux

zanefromtheinternet
zanefromtheinternet Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ok so my Keyboard before some of the buttons were becoming unresponsive....like shift, m, n, p, and also the power button.....but more so the shift and most importantly the POWER BUTTON..... over time the power button has completely I guess worn out like the other keys.... well the power key felt odd when i was pressing and wasn't responsive at all when using my little touch trick i got good at using sorta like a few little circles to let the thing in the rubber cup find the way its supposed to go then press...(which more than likely led to the next problem,  to the rubber cup break away from the membrane it is attached to)....ends up the little things were messed under the keys but also the "rubber cup" had become separated.... i was able to repair that for the mean time but now when i try to power on it will start like its gonna boot but then immediately turn itself off. or it will try to boot and say unbootable device but i also noticed that one time i was able to boot and go into bios to see the boot order that it had changed... before it powered itself off...... What should I do from here? I have checked to make sure the HDD and everything was plugged in right(inregards to the unbootable device error) It's taking everything i can to not put a hammer or drop kick this thing!? If I thought It wouldn't exacerbate the issue i would have already. Any advice on how to get to stop powering off by itself.... have tried resetting with the pin hole button and what not?  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    >>>Keyboard>>> some of the buttons were becoming unresponsive.>>>

Sounds like you should first try reseating the KB connector to the mainboard a few times to clean the contacts. If still no joy then either replace the top cover with the integrated keyboard part # 6B.GFJN7.028 (about $100) or if you're handy, replace just the keyboard by googling F5-573 replacement keyboard (less than $20 Amazon) . Of course, you'd have to separate the bottom and top covers to do so. Not an easy task. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ