My PC Acer Predator G3-710 keeps freezing at start-up

JonasH71
JonasH71 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello, my pc has recently been freezing every time 1-2 minutes are I start it up. I have an Acer G3-710 and it takes me between 3-7 restart in which I completed shut the PC off turn it on, it freezes and I repeat that 3-7 before it finally starts working. I have searched up countless ways of how to stop my PC from freezing on Windows 10, changing my power options and etc but nothing seems to work. I read another similar support question: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/536546/why-does-my-predator-g3-710-keeps-freezing but I still don't know if the issue is resolved and how to do it. 

Please! If anyone could help that would be great :) 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @JonasH71
    Try the step which you have on the link if still think you have issue than try to reset the unit. Reset will remove all your Apps and data on the unit.
    Try the below link to reset
    https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JonasH71
    Hey, thanks for your response but I tried to completely factory reset my pc and the issue still remained. I’ve tried to fix it myself but it still freezes, got any other solutions?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    A network timeout will generate two 90 second pauses. Do you by any chance have a network share mapped to a local drive?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JonasH71
    @billsey
    Not sure. What exactly does it mean? Sorry not an expert with this kinda stuff.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, I do tend to skip the details sometimes. :)
    A network share is when you have the files on one computer available for a different computer over your network. For a long time Microsoft has had that built into the OS via your Homegroup, though they have started moving away from that lately. When you have it setup it can be really useful because you can (for instance) have all your music on one machine but listen to it from any. When you connect to the share on the remote computer it can be a temporary connection that has to be redone each time you want to get to that data or it can be a more permanent connection that shows up automatically each time you boot. In the latter case if you do something like turn the remote computer off you can get a rather long timeout when starting your computer as it tries to find and connect to the share. That timeout is a magic number of 90 seconds, so halts during startup of 90 or 180 seconds tend to point to a network issue.
    Another time you sometimes see that sort of delay is also network related. Some malware can redirect your internet access through a proxy server that the malware authors have setup. They can then watch everything you do online, including capturing your login and passwords. If that proxy server has gone away (it's only up for a short while before the good guys block it usually) then anything over the internet will either not work at all or be very slow to start, as your machine tries to make a connection to the machine that's no longer there. This is much less likely to be your problem since it usually doesn't do that much during the boot process.
    One thing we can do to help analyze the boot is create a boot log, then look in it for what's happening during long pauses. If the boot process is trying to start something that is taking too long to finish it'll typically show up there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.