I have a Acer Swift 3 with Optane memory and 1GB HDD. How to I replace the Optane with and SSD

TerraMikeHD
TerraMikeHD Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
How do I replace my Optane memory with a SSD and clone my HDD to the SSD to have it as my primary drive?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You purchase a M.2 NVMe drive of the appropriate size and swap it for the Optane. There are lots of different clone packages and some of the drives even have their own. Make sure when cloning that the three reserved partitions are all left exactly the same size and only resize the C: drive as needed to fit the new SSD. I'm assuming by "1GB" you actually mean "1TB" on the HDD, so easiest is a 1TB SSD, though I recently bought a 2TB SSD for a reasonable price to put in my desktop. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You purchase a M.2 NVMe drive of the appropriate size and swap it for the Optane. There are lots of different clone packages and some of the drives even have their own. Make sure when cloning that the three reserved partitions are all left exactly the same size and only resize the C: drive as needed to fit the new SSD. I'm assuming by "1GB" you actually mean "1TB" on the HDD, so easiest is a 1TB SSD, though I recently bought a 2TB SSD for a reasonable price to put in my desktop. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TerraMikeHD
    TerraMikeHD Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks Billsey i will try this