BSOD crash after sleep/hibernation Aspire 5 515-54G-57FE

Translatorpl
Translatorpl Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,
I have just bought a new Aspire 5 with an Intel i5 10xxx series processor.
If put to sleep or hibernation, the BSOD crash occurs (Kernel Process died or similar)

I assume that the Intel video driver is the culprit but I may be wrong.
Anybody with a similar experience and hopefully solution?

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Translatorpl
    Thanks!
    515-54G-57FE
  • Does the issue persist when updating drivers on intel and nvidia websites?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    What is the exact BSOD? As there are many, be more specific!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    >>> have just bought a new Aspire 5>>>

Just reset to factory fresh state as shown in the video below. If  still no joy before any Win10 updates are applied, return it to the vendor as defective for a replacement or refund before the vendor's returns policy expires. ACER warranty service will take more time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Translatorpl
    Thanks, guys!

It is KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR

Yes, I have the latest nvidia and intel drivers from the vendors' websites.
    I also did clean-install W10 at least 2 times.
    Memory test seems fine, I did chkdsk, no errors, SMART check with cristal disk revealed 100% health state.

Since the computer works perfectly otherwise, I do not think that it is a hardware problem.

• Have you checked if the problem occurs after updating the drivers? What is the version of windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Translatorpl
    Yes. As I said, drivers are up to date.
    1909. Same ***** before the update, too :(
  • Have you tried reinstalling windows, as reported by JackE?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Translatorpl
    Yes, at least two times and I also knocked on wood, kept fingers and toes crossed and did not eat carbs.
  • JackE
    >>>I also did clean-install W10 at least 2 times.>>>
    >>>Yes, at least two times and I also knocked on wood, kept fingers and toes crossed and did not eat carbs.>>>

What do you mean by "clean install". Precisely how did you do it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    I think he meant that he installed windows using a microsoft iso. @JackE.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    egydiocoelho  >>>I think he meant that he installed windows using a microsoft iso.>>>

Yes  egydiocoelho   , that's what I think too.

So   Translatorpl , is this how you "clean installed" Win10 two times or not?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Translatorpl
    Sorry for xmas delay :)

Yes, a clean install from W10 ISO.

• Have you updated the video card drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    >>>I have just bought a new Aspire 5 with an Intel i5 10xxx series processor.>>>

If egydiocoelho  's recent video driver update suggestion doesn't fix the issue, probably the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue, is a factory reset using the ALT+F10 cold boot method described earlier in this thread. The reason is that the generic Win10 iso system you used for the 'clean install' is not the same as ACER-specific Win10 system on the hidden recovery partition and may interact differently with the device drivers. If the hidden partition is still intact (sometimes a generic clean install will change it), and the issue persists after the ALT+F10 factory reset, you should probably return the system to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's RMA policy period expires. ACER warranty service will take longer to resolve the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Translatorpl
    I bought the laptop without W10 at all, since I have a box version. I made the USB install stick from the latest rev on the MS site.
    The drivers were indeed supplied on the SSD and I am using them.
    BSOD occured with the drivers installed from SSD and with the newest versions from the net as well.

• Translatorpl
    In event viewer I found the bug and it reads:
    param1 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000006, 0xfffff8017048e922, 0xfffff50896b9e440, 0x0000000000000000)

param2 C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

param3 6b883626-0c26-4ea6-8d89-86effab7c871

• I still think the problem is with the drivers! Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from intel and nvidia websites?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    egydiocoelho>>>I still think the problem is with the drivers! >>>

Agreed. You might want to try iobit's DriverBooster or other driver tool freeware to see if they'll pick up anything. The other possible option that sometimes works is to check the machine's mfg date on the box label and use the Win10 version immediately preceding that date. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ