A315-42G-R03V M.2 SSD SATA 3

Opções
zWind14
zWind14 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
editado outubro 2023 em Arquivo de 2020
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 3 (A315-42G-R03V) and I recently purchased an M.2 SSD. The exact model is TEAMGROUP MS30 SSD SATA III 6Gb/s 512GB (TM8PS7512G0C101). I don't know why but it was not recognized in the BIOS. Any ideas as to why? Thanks!

Melhor resposta

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Responder ✓
    Opções
    I am finding that the a315-42g model only accepts nvme, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Respostas

• Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Does ssd appear on the bios info tab? Have you converted ssd to gpt already?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zWind14
    Opções
    Does ssd appear on the bios info tab? Have you converted ssd to gpt already?
    No, it does not appear on the bios info tab. I have not done anything to the ssd yet including conversion to gpt. How do I do that when it is not detected by the system? Is there any way? Thanks!
  • zWind14
    editado dezembro 2019
    Opções
    If it helps, here is a photo of my BIOS with the m.2 ssd installed. It only detects the hdd.

Update in the User's note option - Acer-Harvey
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Responder ✓
    Opções
    I am finding that the a315-42g model only accepts nvme, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    I see, so there is no way to use this M.2 SSD. Thank you very much. Also, can I have the link of your findings? I need to show it to the vendor as proof. Because this is the only product information I found on the internet. https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2019/4876/A315-42G/NX.HF8SP.001.html

• Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    I have sent a question to the moderator to be sure if this a315-42g model accepts only nvme or if it also accepts sata 3.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    Okay. Thank you very much! Is it okay to ask for the link of the photo you posted? Because if what you said is true, then I can return the SSD to the vendor if I have proof of hardware incompatibilities.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Unfortunately I cannot post the download service manual link.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    Unfortunately I cannot post the download service manual link.
    Okay. I hope the moderator responds as soon as possible because the vendor only has a 7-day return policy.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    I suggest you waste your time and swap ssd with the dealer for an nvme. See this link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-42/148924
    But it is strange not to be identified a ssd sata 3.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    I suggest you waste your time and swap ssd with the dealer for an nvme. See this link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-42/148924
    But it is strange not to be identified a ssd sata 3.
    That is my intention but I can only do that if I have enough proof that the m.2 ssd is not compatible.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Can you check ssd on another computer? This way you can check whether or not ssd is having problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    Can you check ssd on another computer? This way you can check whether or not ssd is having problems.
    I can't as this laptop is my only device. :/ It is very hard to find information about this model. I searched every nook and cranny to find a definitive answer as to why this is happening but still can't find one.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    This site shows that many users have installed nvme, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-42/148924

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    This site shows that many users have installed nvme, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-42/148924

Isn't 42 and 42G different?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Both have the same motherboard. All ssds that are on the a315-42g model fru list are nvme. The site only confirms that all other users were able to install only nvme on this laptop model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    I swapped the TeamGroup MS30 M.2 SSD Sata III with this one:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct500p1ssd8

Will that be compatible with my laptop?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Yes, it should work perfectly.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeanGarette
    SeanGarette Member Posts: 8 New User
    Opções
    zWind14 said:
    I swapped the TeamGroup MS30 M.2 SSD Sata III with this one:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct500p1ssd8

Will that be compatible with my laptop?
    why does crucial say that this isnt compatible with a315-42g?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Yes compatible. Just check that other users were able to install an nvme on this notebook model on the benchmark website.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer