Acer Aspire A515-41G-T7WS new SSD not found

Lelleholm
Lelleholm Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello

I ran out of space on my laptop so i bought a new Kingston A2000 M2 SSD 500GB. When i am trying to install Win 10 from my new bootable USB it starts ok but when i am supposed to chose drive it says that the there is no signed driver for the SSD (no drive comes up). I have tried to change USB-port but nothing and if i change to Legacy, same answer.

So my question is, is this SSD not possible to put in this computer? If it is, how do i get it to work?

As usual its probably a simple solution but i am lost... Please look at this someone that knows better than me, pleeeease...

Aspire A515-41G-T7WS
SNID: *************
Computer bought in Sweden

New memory
https://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/a2000-nvme-pcie-ssd

I have checked the web but none of the solutions seems to work.

Thank you wery wery much! Regards Lennart

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should purchase a 2280 format SSD for Sata 3 standard M.2 slot, such as this: WDS240G2G0B
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Lelleholm
    Go to BIOS settings, move to Advanced tab, click SATA configuration and check its Enabled 
  • MaClane
    Good evening Lelleholm !

This model does not support PCIe NVMe SSD.
    Sata 3 standard only in M.2 2280 slot.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Lelleholm
    Thanks for your answer and yes, it´s enabled.
  • Lelleholm
    MaClane said:
    Good evening Lelleholm !

This model does not support PCIe NVMe SSD.
    Sata 3 standard only in M.2 2280 slot.

ACE. Thanks! Ok but how should i have been able to find that out? In the specs i have on this computer it says only SSD so i bought a normal 2.5 SSD 480G, but when i opened the back of the computer where the disk should have been it was empty... Surprise for me! Then i checked the web and found out that i should look for an m2 memory so i ordered this Kingston and this is also wrong. So 200 Eur. that i cant get back from any shop becourse the boxes are opened, greate... This is not for amateurs for sure! 

So, will this one work: 

Kingston Ssdnow UV500 480GB M.2 2280 Serial ATA-600

Another 100 Eur... Thanks again for your help! Regards Lennart
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    You should purchase a 2280 format SSD for Sata 3 standard M.2 slot, such as this: WDS240G2G0B

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™