Acer swift 3 sf314-52g charger not working

uzadragos
uzadragos Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys,

I have a Acer swift 3 sf314-52g and my original charger has some problems, it only works in some positions...you know the struggle. So i've decided to buy a new one but unfortunately i wan't paying attention and i ordered the wrong one. 

The original charger had Input: 100-240 1.7A, Output 19V 3.2A 65W.
The "wrong" one that i bought has Input: 100-240 1.2A, Output 19V 2.37A 45W.

When i connect the new charger the laptop charges for like 2 seconds and it stops. Is there any way to "trick" my laptop to accept the new charger even though is a slower one?  

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The current adapter does not have the power required to turn on the laptop. Look this:
    Amperage: can be equal or greater. cannot be inferior!
    voltage: must be equal. It cannot be bigger or smaller.
    Power in watts: can be equal or greater. cannot be inferior!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    The current adapter does not have the power required to turn on the laptop. Look this:
    Amperage: can be equal or greater. cannot be inferior!
    voltage: must be equal. It cannot be bigger or smaller.
    Power in watts: can be equal or greater. cannot be inferior!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • uzadragos
    Thank you for your answer :).

Somehow, magically, it started charging with the new charger. I powered off the laptop, connected the charger and left it for ~10 mins. After that i powered on the laptop and i saw that it's charging...Now it seems to work fine.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited December 2019
    Please stop using the current power adapter. This may damage the internal components. Can you enter the exact model of your computer? Example sf314-52g-842k. In addition, you will be overloading the power adapter that does not have the power required to keep your device working.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• uzadragos
    The model is sf314-52g-52HX
  • Check here:
    AC ADAPTERKP.06503.015ADAPTER 65W 19V 3-PIN X-TIP - 1.1X3.0X7.7 LITE-ON PA-1650-86AC LF BLACK WITH ACER LOGONo
    AC ADAPTERKP.0650H.006ADAPTER 65W 19V 3-PIN YELLOW TIP - 1.1X3.0X7.5 CHICONY A065R094L LF / BLACK / WITH ACER LOGO

egydiocoelho Trailblazer