Hinge Problem: Acer Aspire v3-572PG-5153 (v3-572/v3-532 series) (Left side hinge stuck, snapped).

Redgar
Redgar Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good afternoon,

I'm having a significant challenge with the left-side hinge on my Acer Aspire v3-572PG.  Over the past 6 months, the left hinge --and only the left hinge-- became increasingly "sticky", i.e. hard to open/close.  Now, the hinge has seized entirely, and snapped!  (It looks like left-side hinge problems are somewhat common for Acers, at least judging by some of the other posts on here.  In the dozen or so laptops the family has been through in the last 15 years, this is the first time I've had a hinge seize on me!)

Where I'm currently stuck is on ordering a replacement part, and on finding a service manual to help me take apart the blessed machine to swap hinges.\

a) From what I can tell, replacement hinges for a non-Touchscreen Aspire v3 572 PG will not work with my Touchscreen model.  Is this correct?

b) I'm struggling to find a part number for specifically Touchscreen-compatible hinge replacements.  Hoping someone with better search skills than I can advise as to the right part number?

c) Repair manual or Service manual.  I have the user manual, but this doesn't include helpful information like diagrams or part numbers.  Hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of the repair/service manual for this or a compatible model?

Thanks!