Acer Iconia (W510P) Display Issue

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry for my slow response... Take out the SD card if you have one installed and you can carefully lever the cover off from there. Work your way around and try not to break any of the latches. Once the cover is off the rest should be pretty evident.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • joanx
    joanx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, I have the same problem in my Acer Iconia W510 :'( 
    It seems to happen to many people, my spots are on the top two corners like this other person https://community.acer.com/es/discussion/comment/716574/#Comment_716574

There have not been falls or liquid spills :(

• W510displayissue
    W510displayissue Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Same problem here : "cloudy" spots on my Acer WP510 screen / display issue :(

• tcrom3
    tcrom3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue too, just started. Mine was stored in a drawer, just used it a month ago and it was fine. Pulled it out this morning and it seemed to have leaked liquid crystal, gummy substance in the upper right corner. My screen looks the same, though not as bad as the others. I think its Acer defective. I wonder if there is a recall on their LCD's?
  • Beryl
    Beryl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an Acer Iconia W5 and when I unclip the screen from the keyboard, there is sticky substance in the groove where the screen sits and on the base of the screen.  What is this and is it dangerous?
  • billsey
    Options
    You should be able to just clean out that groove with a soft cloth, it shouldn't be sticky...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • drew4
    drew4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I had the same issue on a similar tablet from a different brand. The cause was that the manufacturer used some kind of glue that became liquid due to a slightly higher room temperature. So it was spilling, but not from the outside.
  • Uvipra
    Uvipra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    winter8 said:
    I have Acer Iconia laptop, it was working fine, but few months ago its display started to get cloudy by the top corners. Please see the pictures. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It is painful that Acer like brand has not acknowledged its a product failure and would request Acer to replace all iconiaw510 with another good tablet..am available in India on +919880385708.
    I paid 11000/- INR at Acer service center to replace new display,  which again started leaking and screen having low visibility in most areas...
  • Uvipra
    Uvipra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It's been years I bought Acer iconia w510...never could use it due to display issue..leaking n lost visibility in big areas....lot of intangible losses due to faulty product...Acer must recall iconia w510...design issue
  • gpgeek
    gpgeek Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I stumble across this thread after I pulled my Iconia W510 table & keyboard combo from it's pouch in a drawer. Last time I had checked (maybe 6-8 months back) everything was looking good, but yesterday as I switched the table on, I noticed right away from the login screen a "leakage" on the upper right corner of the LCD.. it was like a dark cloud that would originating from the corner and extend about 2 inches across the top and 3-4 inches down the right side of the screen (in landscape mode). 
    I've seen this on other very old laptops, like an HP 17" workhorse, but this one was purchased around 2013 and is now almost 10 years old.. I've seen older laptops / LCD displays than that and they sill perfectly fine.
    I'm wondering if it was the fact that the LCD display has not been used in several months and was not powered up.. though the battery was still showing 25% of charge when I pulled it out. The battery of my docking keyboard had died a while back, but the one of the tablet seem to still hold well. 
    I've done a full backup of all data and will wipe it back to factory reset (as much as this is possible, since it was upgraded to W10 a few years ago). The table never ran as smoothly as when it was released under Win8/Win8.1. I somewhat had the feeling that Acer screwed up the fact they never provided decent drivers for the updated W10 platform and the CPU was running noticeable more warmed. 
  • matas
    matas Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2023
    Options

ORIGINAL

nežinau kodėl acer tai pad arė nes ekranas buvo labai sugedęs man patiko vaizdo į minecraft failų pradžią todė ar galite išspręsti šią problemą

TRANSLATED

I don't know why acer fixed it because the screen was very broken I liked the image to the beginning of the minecraft files so can you fix this problem

[Edited the thread by translating from Lithuanian to English]

• billsey
    Options

The W510 models were released ten years ago. Any that aren't working right are unlikely to be worth fixing.

This discussion has been closed.