USB key nor recognise at all...Switch 3

taiandre
taiandre Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have a Switch 3. When I insert a wireless mouse in the usb port, the mouse works fine. When I insert my USB KEY the tablet doesn't see it at all. No error message... nothing. My USB KEY works fine in other computer. Why, and what can I do?   Thanks

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon taiandre !

And what format is USB?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• taiandre

Tinkerer

the file type is Fat32

• taiandre

Tinkerer

Hi again, no one has any suggestions on how to get my USB key to work with my Switch 3??

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    By USB KEY do you mean a flash drive? What size is it? With it installed, does Disk Manager show anything about it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • taiandre

Tinkerer

yes, it's a "Corsair Voyager® GT USB 3.0 32GB Flash Drive".

• billsey
    Plug it in and fire up Device Manager to see if it's recognized at all. If it's there and doesn't generate an error or warning start Disk Manager and show us a picture of the drives.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • taiandre

Tinkerer

I did plug my flash drive into the USB connector and it doesn't show up at all in Device manager. Again, if i plug a mouse it works fine, and my flash drive is working fine elsewhere. Any clue why such behaviour with my Acer Switch 3?
  • taiandre

Tinkerer

OK... I just did one more test... I plugged a 4 USB ports Power Bar into the USB plug of the Switch3. I plugged the mouse into one of the port, the Tablet sees it. I then plugged the Flash Drive, and it "SEES IT" also.  My question... Why the tablet CAN'T SEE the Flash Drive if plugged directly, but DOES see it if plugged into a 4 USB ports power bar???
  • billsey
    Sounds like not enough power getting to the flash drive directly from the USB port. USB 3.0 devices can expect more power available on the port than with a 2.0, but a flash drive shouldn't need that much. I had a problem with a Corsair a couple of years ago, but it didn't work on other systems either...
  • taiandre

Tinkerer

if this would be the case, the plugging my 4 usb ports into the Switch3 usb port wouldn't give enough power to the Corsair Flash drive either, but it DOES WORK when plugged into the 4 USB ports, and not directly into the USB connector. What could do such behaviour???
  • billsey
    When you called it a USB power bar I assumed that meant it had it's own power for the 4 ports. Is the USB hub 2.0 or 3.0?
  • taiandre

Tinkerer

It's written on it : Nexxtech 4 port Power bar Hub. It has a plug on the side to hook a 5v power supply, but I use it without the 5v (just as a plain hub). It doesn't say on it if it's a USB3, and on the web either, so I doubt it is. It's most strange that my 32gig Flash drive works, when plugged into the 4 ports bar, but not if plugged directly into the Switch3. Anyone's lights on this strange behaviour would help!!??
  • billsey
    Yeah, that is strange. My guess is that the flash drive isn't compatible with USB 3.0 and the hub is USB 2.0. Which Switch 3 model do you have? Has it got more USB ports than the one you are testing? I have a Swift 3 and it has three ports, a USB-C, a USB 3 and a USB 2.