Trying to fix an Acer Aspire E 15 for a week now with no luck

Ilwrath
Ilwrath Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I hope someone can help me. I have been desperately trying to fix my laptop for over a week now. I own an Acer Aspire E 15 (ES-575-33BM) and I have gotten nowhere.

It all started when I did a windows update. Next thing I know everything takes forever to do. Double clicking on something results in a thirty minute wait for something to happen. Then I rebooted and it just sits there with a spinning circle of dots under the Acer logo.

I tried the Alt-F10 method and it says:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error Code 0xc000000f"

Nothing I have tried has worked. Everyonce in a while the if left alone the PC will eventually boot up but everything I try to do takes forever to carry out. I attempted to run sfc /scannow but it locked up at 18%. I tried Dism but it told me that I need to elevate my level, despite me running cmd as Admin. 

Attempting to restore from image or backups does not work as it says there are none.

It's not sitting here with the spinning circle of dots for hours.

I am desperate. I'm wasting 12 hours a day trying to get this thing to boot up and failing. Please help me. At first I didn;t want to lose all of my valuable files that I never got around to backing up but at this point I just want my laptop back.

Thank you.

Answers

• Ilwrath
    Ilwrath Member Posts: 3 New User
    I was able to get it to boot up this morning after 30 minutes but everything is horribly slow. Task Manager shows Disk 100% busy, Memory 31%, CPU 0%.