Hi, From AO.com I have bought the gaming laptop Acer NH.Q5XEK.001. Nitro 5 (AN515-43)

christofferwessman
christofferwessman Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, From AO.com I have bought the gaming laptop Acer NH.Q5XEK.001. I am ONLY using this for GAMING and to get a great gaming experience and I am wondering how my model stands out to these other models I found? I am wondering if it is even worth it upgrading to one of these models? First model is Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-43) with the Ryzen 7 quad core processor, Radeon RX 560X 4GB graphics and 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 1TB harddrive. Next model is The Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-43) but with the Ryzen 5 quad core processor instead of Ryzen 7 processor. Radeon RX 560X 4GB graphics and 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 1TB harddrive. I also found the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 with GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB graphics and 9th gen intel core i5-9300 H quad core processor. 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 1 TB harddrive. Are there any major difference in gaming performance between these models from the one I bought or can I feel totally happy with the purchase I already have made with the model Acer NH. Q5XEK.001? I can't speak to anyone on the phone as I am in hospital with tube down my throat so I would really appreciate if someone from the community could send me an email with the answers I'm looking for to christofferwessman@gma.com Which model of the above 3 could be worth upgrading to? Them 3 alternatives are the only I want to choose from. What is the main difference between these models for gaming experience and which model would you recommend and why? What are the main difference between a ryzen 7 and a 5 processor for example? Which is best for gaming etc. I am only using my laptop for gaming and gaming only! Should I keep my purchase or is there any point to upgrade to one of the other 3 models mentioned that you can find on AO.com  

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As you can see there are several different levels of AN515-43. You don't make clear which one you have right now. :) Obviously the Ryzen 7 version is going to be faster than the Ryzen 5. You'll have to do a bit of searching to make sure, but I believe the performance of the GTX 1650 is a bit better than the RX 560X. If I were going to make a choice from what you've shown I'd look seriously at the last one and plan on replacing the 1TB HDD with a SSD, or keeping the HDD and adding a SSD. The HDDs are a whole lot slower and that can make a difference in game play. Best would be a model with 9th gen i7, the GTX 1650 and a SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As you can see there are several different levels of AN515-43. You don't make clear which one you have right now. :) Obviously the Ryzen 7 version is going to be faster than the Ryzen 5. You'll have to do a bit of searching to make sure, but I believe the performance of the GTX 1650 is a bit better than the RX 560X. If I were going to make a choice from what you've shown I'd look seriously at the last one and plan on replacing the 1TB HDD with a SSD, or keeping the HDD and adding a SSD. The HDDs are a whole lot slower and that can make a difference in game play. Best would be a model with 9th gen i7, the GTX 1650 and a SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.