Connecting Focusrite Thunderbolt audio device to Aspire vn7-592g

LeeVanOver3333
LeeVanOver3333 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have an Acer Aspire vn7-592G with a thunderbolt port, which I verified on the Thunderbolt Website. I've been trying to hook up Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapters but my PC won't read them and keeps giving me the "Thunderbolt device functionality might be limited" error message. Anybody else run into this and have a solution before I have to send all my gear back? I just want to utilize the fast TB latency on my machine.

Windows 10
Acer Aspire VN7-592G
Intel i7 6200HQ 2.6ghz
32GB Memory
Focsurite Clarett 8prex

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    >>>Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have an Acer Aspire vn7-592G with a thunderbolt port, which I verified on the Thunderbolt Website.>>>

Sorry, specs that are available to me doesn't list a thunderbolt port for the VN7-592G . Do you have the specs or ad from the vendor that list this port? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LeeVanOver3333
    Here is the Thunderbolt website link 
    https://thunderbolttechnology.net/product/acer-aspire-v-15-nitro-0

Also, the thunderbolt logo is next to the port. I'm following this thread right now to try and resolve the issue.
    https://support.plugable.com/t/thunderbolt-3-controller-in-acer-aspire-vn7-592g-display-support/9137/2
  • LeeVanOver3333
    Okay update on this, I followed the instructions on the link I posted and properly updated the Firmware this time. Apparently you need to run the batch file twice, which I wasn't aware of the first time around.  Thunderbolt Focusrite Clarett 8prex is connecting now and my Thunderbolt on my vn7-592g is operational. I'm using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter. Hope this helps someone out there! I have to say though, my latency using the Thunderbolt audio device is actually higher than using my Second Generation Scarlett 2i4 USB device by about 3ms, so I think I may just send this back and upgrade to the 3rd gen. USB Clarett. Thanks for your help JackE!

Problem Solved, thread can now be closed.