Acer Nitro AN515-43 - HELP My "Acer" Power Plan mistakenly deleted.

Options
dhanangaprl9
dhanangaprl9 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2019 in Nitro Gaming
I have messed up with my laptop to figure it out why there's only two power plan, Acer and Balanced. Somehow, by mistake obv. I just deleted the Acer power plan. So, when there's no Acer power plan, the specified power plan in NitroSense didnt work well even if i create custom power plan.

So, what i know the solution is I need "Acer" power plan from any user who mind giving their time to export the powerplan i need. It can be done by following this https://www.windowscentral.com/how-export-and-import-power-plan-multiple-windows-10-pcs
OR
Tell me the specified GUID of Acer power plan.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• dhanangaprl9
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    So here's the thing.. After loooong time, i check my NitroSense and the "Balance [Acer Optimized]" Powerplan as i mention on the first post is now gone. Meanwhile the version still the same v3.01.3012. Sooo, thankfully no need for further act (was thingking to reset for this tiny particular issue LOL).

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Acer Power plan is just a name, you can give any name you wish to a new power plan that you have created. Click "Create a Power plan" and then select High performance  or Max under the "Change advanced power settings" tab, do this in all the settings, name the Plan High Performance, you already have a balanced plan

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• dhanangaprl9
    edited December 2019
    Options
    If it just a name, Balance (Acer optimized) inside NitroSense didnt working at all. Even if I create a power plan using cmd and re-install NitroSense.

Well, if balanced and acer power plan are the same at term of battery and perfomance, should I leave it? They are different in some settings actually. 

Attached file bellow is the .txt file of acer optimized power plan. can i import this power plan setting? nitrosense may recognize it.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    In my power plan profile, I have Balanced and High Performance which match Nitrosense. You can change the settings of both of these in Advanced Power Options 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• dhanangaprl9
    Options
    andylb said:
    In my power plan profile, I have Balanced and High Performance which match Nitrosense. You can change the settings of both of these in Advanced Power Options 
    Well, Nitro AN515-43 only have Balanced power plan. But, if I click Power Save and High Perfomance inside NitroSense they will show up. Enable balance acer opt did not applied in any way (this is the reason behind i deleted "Acer" in power option)

I have tried to create it with GUID of Acer powerplan i got, but didnt do the trick.

So.. now i have reach a conclusion which is I need a .pow file. Need to find someone who has the right AN515-43 version and would export his Acer powerplan to me. This is the last solution to make acer power plan inside nitrosense match and works again. If it doenst work at all. guess i'll stick with the current powerplan option i have. Its Not a big problem tbh. Thanks for the reply and suggest you give.
  • AnitSarker06
    AnitSarker06 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Any update on this thread? Me to deleted the Acer balanced power plan after a clean install. Now the nitrosense is not working as before and laptop is getting more hot. Please help
  • dhanangaprl9
    Options
    Any update on this thread? Me to deleted the Acer balanced power plan after a clean install. Now the nitrosense is not working as before and laptop is getting more hot. Please help
    Nah, dude.. It is Not Fixed yet. I was searching for a fix and wanting people to help me but no one give  a *****.

Today, i was from asc in my city asking about this issue. They told me this issue may related to os and need to re-install windows with OEM version maybe idk. But, i cancel it due a lot of important files i need to backup first.

Soo, on upcoming days (idk when) i will reply here for update if its fixed after i send it to asc or not. For time being looks like we need to stick with it.

About, the temperature getting hot i faced that too and already told them if thermal paste could be the problem. And they said 'we will check'.

The last one, im sure your nitro's still under warranty. So, better ask asc if you want fast answer.

*asc = Acer Service Center
  • dhanangaprl9
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    So here's the thing.. After loooong time, i check my NitroSense and the "Balance [Acer Optimized]" Powerplan as i mention on the first post is now gone. Meanwhile the version still the same v3.01.3012. Sooo, thankfully no need for further act (was thingking to reset for this tiny particular issue LOL).
  • Vidunixel
    Vidunixel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey, I know i'm quite late to this but for those of you who are still trying to figure it out I think I may have a solution.
    The same thing happened to me just today and after a few hours of research I came up with a solution that worked for me. But not quite sure if it'd work for everyone. My model: AN515-55

1. Download and extract the original acer plan i have attached
    2. Enter command prompt as admin and enter the following command:
    powercfg.exe /import "location of where Acer.pow was downloaded on your device" 22a2c9aa-2b14-4553-a3df-cc0bcb198442
    E.g:

*Remember to change the location to where the Acer.pow was downloaded to on your device. Don't change the string at the end: 22a2c9aa-2b14-4553-a3df-cc0bcb198442. [The string was the original GUID of the acer power plan that came with my device.]

Done.

However, even if it did work for me, no garuntee it'd work for everyone.
  • dhanangaprl9
    Options
    Vidunixel said:
    Hey, I know i'm quite late to this but for those of you who are still trying to figure it out I think I may have a solution.
    The same thing happened to me just today and after a few hours of research I came up with a solution that worked for me. But not quite sure if it'd work for everyone. My model: AN515-55

1. Download and extract the original acer plan i have attached
    2. Enter command prompt as admin and enter the following command:
    powercfg.exe /import "location of where Acer.pow was downloaded on your device" 22a2c9aa-2b14-4553-a3df-cc0bcb198442
    E.g:

*Remember to change the location to where the Acer.pow was downloaded to on your device. Don't change the string at the end: 22a2c9aa-2b14-4553-a3df-cc0bcb198442. [The string was the original GUID of the acer power plan that came with my device.]

Done.

However, even if it did work for me, no garuntee it'd work for everyone.
    Thank you. Eventually, nitrosense still not showing Balanced [Acer Optimized]. its okay since its gone from the menu anyway. hope this will help someone who want to find default Acer power plan.
  • axzzclld
    axzzclld Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello guys, I just have a speculation that this might be the fix. My model is AN515-55-56r2.

Theory: You have might try recreating the power plan named as Balance (Acer Optimized) but this method won’t work. Due to this, the NitroSense has a specific GUID (an identification power ID) for the power plan to call out the power plan mode. However, if you create a power plan named as Balance (Acer Optimized), you’ll just generate a random GUID  power plan, which won’t work later as NitroSense has a specific identical GUID to process the command. Copying my GUID won’t neither work since this is randomly generated for every user.

If you accidentally deleted the Balance (Acer Optimized), the GUID (specific ID for the Power Management Plan) of the power plan must be seen at the registry editor (regedit.msc) in the following location:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\User\PowerSchemes

In my case, this is my GUIDs:

To find the specific GUID of the Acer Power Plan, click the following folders to find the specific GUID of Balance (Acer Optimize), you must see this registry as a data hint:

If you successfully found your identical GUID for the acer power plan, you may now start to restore your acer power plan. To restore this, please click the attached zip file below. After downloading, open your command prompt in an administrator mode. Then type the following command:

powercfg.exe /import "location Acer.pow was downloaded on your device" your identical GUID

in my case, I use: 

If you encountered the error indicating that GUID is already exist, restart your computer. After restarting, then input it again on command prompt running on administrator mode. You should see a message successful message after executing the command.

Your NitroSense should now recognized the Balance (Acer Optimized) and should work.

If this method doesn’t work, the last chance would be System Restore. If there is no still luck, resetting your Windows via Settings (reset) should fix the issue, but this will delete your apps and programs.

Upvote this thread if it works to you. Thnxx

• axzzclld
    axzzclld Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello guys, I just have a speculation that this might be the fix. My model is AN515-55-56r2.

Theory: You have might try recreating the power plan named as Balance (Acer Optimized) but this method won’t work. Due to this, the NitroSense has a specific GUID (an identification ID) for the power plan to call out the power plan mode. However, if you create a power plan named as Balance (Acer Optimized), you’ll just generate a random GUID  power plan, which won’t work later as NitroSense has a specific identical GUID to process the command. Copying my GUID won’t neither work since this is randomly generated for every user.

If you accidentally deleted the Balance (Acer Optimized), the GUID (specific ID for the Power Management Plan) of the power plan must be seen at the registry editor (regedit.msc) in the following location:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\User\PowerSchemes

In my case, this is my GUIDs:

To find the specific GUID of the Acer Power Plan, click the following folders to find the specific GUID of Balance (Acer Optimize), you must see this registry as a data hint:

If you successfully found your identical GUID for the acer power plan, you may now start to restore your acer power plan. To restore this, please click the attached zip file below. After downloading, open your command prompt in an administrator mode. Then type the following command:

powercfg.exe /import "location Acer.pow was downloaded on your device" your identical GUID

If you encountered the error indicating that GUID is already exist, restart your computer. After restarting, then input again the command in the administrator mode of command prompt.

Your NitroSense should now recognized the Balance (Acer Optimized) and should work.

If this method doesn’t work, the last chance would be System Restore. If there is no still luck, resetting your Windows via Settings (reset) should fix the issue, but this will delete your apps and programs.

Upvote this thread if it works to you. Thnxx

• ARKlyntxHarry85
    ARKlyntxHarry85 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Does anyone of you have "Power Saver" and "High Performance" power scheme for AN5-515-55-50VC ? The mad a clean install of Windows 10 after a long time at Windows Insider Program's Windows 11. Please drop some files as well as their GUIDS please. I only have the Acer and Balance.
  • dhanangaprl9
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @ARKlyntxHarry85 before import try switching power plan inside NitroSense OR right-click on battery icon then click "Windows Mobility Center" chose powerplan from there.

Fyi i have the same situation like yours where power saver and high perfomance plans are hidden in Power Option menu but, its visible/activated after i switch from nitrosense or from mobility center.

here i leave you the power plan you need if its actually deleted. 
    GUID High Perfomance : 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
    GUID Power Saver : a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a
  • ARKlyntxHarry85

Tinkerer

Options
    @ARKlyntxHarry85 before import try switching power plan inside NitroSense OR right-click on battery icon then click "Windows Mobility Center" chose powerplan from there.

Fyi i have the same situation like yours where power saver and high perfomance plans are hidden in Power Option menu but, its visible/activated after i switch from nitrosense or from mobility center.

It says this after I input one

• dhanangaprl9
    Options
    You need to include "quotation mark" between directory location. "C:\......................\High perfomance.pow" 
  • ARKlyntxHarry85

Tinkerer

Options
    You need to include "quotation mark" between directory location. "C:\......................\High perfomance.pow" 

Are these from Acer Nitro 5? because the file seems to be from HP?
  • dhanangaprl9
    Options
    @ARKlyntxHarry85 it's from Acer Nitro 5 AN-515-43, have to export it by myselft. Anyway, the three default power plan (balance, power saver, high perfomance) are the same from any device because it is from windows. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/110372-restore-missing-default-power-plans-windows-10-a.html