my acer p191w lcd monitor is not being recognized by my new computer, please help

Options
poz
poz Member Posts: 1 New User

my acer p191w lcd monitor is not being recognized by my new computer, please help

Answers

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter
    Options

Please provide more information to look into this for you. Is there a message appearing on the screen? If so, what does it say?

• wmackinnon
    wmackinnon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My P191w monitor was working fine. I had a very brief power interruption and then the monitor displayed the message "Input Not Supported". Nothing I did could fix the problem. I searched the web for a solution and found a site where someone suggested that the monitor be unplugged and the video feed cable disconnected. Once that was done press and hold the ON button for the monitor for 30 seconds. I did this, reconnected everything and the monitor immediately began to work again. I hope this helps someone else. I do not understand why Acer does not offer this suggestion on it's web site.

• RFG
    RFG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have a pair of P191W Acer monitors for over 3 years and they worked fine on a windows XP OS PC. Recently I upgraded to a Dell Optiplex 3018 PC with Windows 7 OS and no matter which of the two P191W is attached to the VGA splitter on the PC, one of them ends up being recognized as aP191W, but the other shows up in the display as a " 2.17" LCDMonitor "

In the >Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display function, the range of resolution settings for the 2.17" LCDMonitor is different, 800x600 to 1600x1200 with 1024x780 recommended, than those for the P191W: 800x600 to 1440x900 with 1440x900 as the recommended setting.

I cannot get the same resolution set on both monitors and therefore the "duplicate these displays" function will not work, as well as, I cannot extend a window across both monitors without the window size distorting due to the incongruent resolutions between the two screens.

I tried disconnecting the VGA cable and power cable and then holding down the on button for 30 seconds but that failed to have any effect.

Does anyone have any thoughts of how to resolve this or should I just get two newer PNP monitors?

This discussion has been closed.