PE270K monitor USB ports

Options
SteevB
SteevB Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
hi all, need some help. Just bought a couple of Acer PE20K monitors. not sure how to get the USB ports to work. I ran a usb cable from my PC to one of the ports on the back of the monitor. I enabled USB 3 in the monitor settings. The usb ports have power but dont register any devices connected. My question is: how do i get the ports to work as a usb hub? The manual isnt very helpful! 
thanks.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon SteevB !

For sending video only USB-Type C 3.1 Gen 2 connections with Thunderbolt or USB 3.1 support via docks.
    Direct USB connections do not send video by default.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• SteevB
    Options
    hi @MaClane, thanks. so the USB ports on the monitor dont work like a USB hub (i  have the monitor connected via a usb3 cable)? i had thought about connecting my web cam to the monitor but it sounds like that wont work. 

what is the point of connecting the pc to the monitor via a usb 3 cable i wonder, if it doesnt do anything.

thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't have a manual on the PE270K, but from the specs you should be able to use the monitor as a USB 3.1 hub. There should be one port on the back that is the master for the hub and it will be a type B, the others will be the more normal looking port. The cable you use to connct to the computer should have this on the monitor end.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Stali84
    Stali84 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    usb hub only works from usb type c.
  • MaClane
    Options
    Stali84 said:
    usb hub only works from usb type c.

The information is not correct.
    USB HUB works on connections that have native support.
    Type C only in Gen2 with DP or Thundervolt support
    USB 3.0 has direct support in virtually all versions

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• SteevB
    Options
    I'm still a bit confused. There is no upstream port on the monitor. there are 4 regular usb3 downstream ports and a usb c. i tried a usb3 port on pc to usb3 on monitor but that didnt work. would usb c work? (unfortunately i dont have a usb c port on my pc though)
  • MaClane
    Options
    Only with a Dock for converting the signal from the USB 3.0 port

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™