Acer Aspire R3-47 1T freezes when trying to update BIOS to version 1.12

PromotedToSaltminer
PromotedToSaltminer Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i recently decided that i wanted to update my BIOS after having some issues playing certain games (loading into matches in games takes ridiculously long but when its finished loading the game runs smoothly, like 50-60 fps(on lowest graphics of course)) and also my computer runs twice as slow when its charging. I tried downloading the version 1.12 BIOS, "Update EC BIOS to V3.1 - Fine tune battery charging operation for i7 SKUs" to be exact. When i download it and run it InsydeFlash shows up and does its thing then freezes on "erasing and writing". Left it for an hour and it was still stuck there when i came back so i forcefully shut down the laptop and turned it back on which was probably a dumb thing to do but luckily the laptop is fine. Anyway, is there a way to fix this so i can update the BIOS successfully?

Answers

• You were very lucky that the update did not corrupt the bios. What version of bios is shown on the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PromotedToSaltminer
    @egydiocoelho my current bios version is v1.03
  • Is it really necessary to update the bios? What version of windows 10 are you using?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PromotedToSaltminer
    Well apparently updating my bios will fix the performance drop I get when charging the laptop but i don't really mind if i don't update it. Just wanted to know if it was possible for me to update. I'm using Windows 10 v1909
  • What is the exact model of the laptop? Example R3-471T-77HT. Have you tried to run the file as administrator?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer