How to enable displayport on predator g3-710

Cvaughn
Cvaughn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
So I bought my PC (predator g3-710) from costco to do VR gaming with a few years ago. I'm planning on upgrading to either the Rift S or Vive Cosmos but both of these need displayports or minidisplay ports to work, and don't work with HDMI to display port adapters. My computer physically has a display port but there's yellow tape covering it that says "this port is disabled". Is there anyway to enable it? If not, is there any way to install one? I'm willing to dump as much money as I need to in order to get this to work.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,867 Trailblazer
    Nope, all the enabled ports are on the GPU card. When a card is installed the BIOS automatically disables the motherboard chipset graphics. Which card does yours have? I thought they all had HDMI and DP at least, if not multiple.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cvaughn
    Cvaughn Member Posts: 2 New User
    @billsey so it turns out I was looking at the motherboard display port and not the graphics card one. Rift works fine now! Sorry to waste your time, thanks anyways.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,867 Trailblazer
    Heheh, you'd be surprised at how often that one comes up. Go ahead and mark it answered so the next guy will be able to get his answer without actually asking it in public. Your contribution to their ego. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.