Why does my Acer Aspire 3 Laptop randomly shut down for no reason?

Jax1710
Jax1710 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Every so often my laptop shuts down and restarts for no reason. I've only had the thing for about 3 months bought new

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Did this start to happen immediately after buying or did it just start to happen after an update or other change? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jax1710

Tinkerer

1. it's been happening for about 2 weeks maybe 3. I think the only thing that has been updated is radeon gaming thing that I don't use
  • Jax1710

Tinkerer

I did the windows + Q thing and it said it detected corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them
  • JackE
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date/time stamp about the time that the issue started? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jax1710

Tinkerer

There is no automatic restore point. I looked in maintenance and found a log though and it says problems started around 16 November. TBH I don't know how or why
  • JackE
    >>> did the windows + Q thing and it said it detected corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them >>>

Do you mean when you pressed WIN+Q thing, you immediately got this file corruption notice? Or did you search for and run a scanner or troubleshooting app? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jax1710

Tinkerer

I ran the scan and that was the result. I also found there was an update that had not been installed for windows 10. I installed it and the issue seems to have been resolved. Thank you for taking time to respond to my query
  • JackE
    >>> I installed it and the issue seems to have been resolved.>>>

Congrats! Good for you! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ