Is possible my karnel back?

Machine96
Machine96 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys. I did a mistake, I forgot to turn on the wifi while I was doing windows reset, and It brougth an error.
Now the windows doesn't load and when I try to enable developer mode doesn't work.
somebody to help me please!

Answers

• Machine96
    My acer is Chromebook C730
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    You can reset it to a factory fresh state by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R . Then click Restart. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Machine96
    Hello Jacke I tried it but didn't work
  • JackE
    Remove charge. If you can fin a battery reset pinhole on the bottom, gently insert a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds. Then plug the charger back in and try to start it up again.

If no pinhole, you must remove 12 screws from the bottom cover. Then pry the cover loose on the right side and flip the bottom cover over to the left. Then remove battery connector from mainboard.Then press and hold the power button for about a minute. Then button everything back up, plug the charger back in and try to start it up again.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Machine96
    I did everything that you explained and nothing..  there's another way?
  • JackE
    Try this again now. Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R . Then click Restart. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Machine96
    Hello.. sorry to answer you late.
    I tried it and nothing again. there's a possibility to  do boot using another disk? like HDD, to boot.
    or change do ssd? will it reset the configuration? 
  • JackE
    Sorry no. The Chrome operating system is on an emmc storage chip that's soldered to the mainboard. Did you actually open the case yet to disconnect the battery? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Machine96
    yes I did it.
  • JackE
    >>> I forgot to turn on the wifi while I was doing windows reset>>>

Please explain what you meant by "Windows" reset. Exactly what did you do to try to reset? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Machine96
    My hard drive was full, so I went into windows settings and reset this pc. 
    but I forgot to turn on the internet, I left thinking that I was doing the reset, 
    when I come back there was the error message of the reset, 
    so from that moment on he just turns on and when try to read the system it does the restart.
  • JackE
    >>>It brougt an error.>>>
    >>>I forgot to turn on the internet>>>
    >>>when I come back there was the error message of the reset>>>

The internet isn't usually needed for a factory reset as it reads this info on the emmc chip. Do you recall what the error message actually said? Did it have an error number?  Because I suspect the chip had failed during the reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Machine96

I got this message
  • JackE
    >>>My acer is Chromebook C730>>>

Sorry, this seems to be a WindowsOS error message, not a ChromeOS error message. The ACER Chromebook BIOS does not support Windows. If a BIOS chip modification was attempted, it has likely been corrupted beyond a firmware repair and must be re-programmed by ACER. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ