Acer nitro 5 lag issue

ElleBarrios
ElleBarrios Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just have a few questions, clarifications and needs advice with my newly purchased Acer Nitro 5. 
Here are the specs:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-75AJ
Intel Core i7-9750H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz
4gb (2667MHz DDR4)
1tb HDD
Intel UHD Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4gb GDDR5)

I specifically bought this laptop for gaming and video editing. However, I'm getting lag issue and it hangs from time to time. I was expecting with this kind of high end laptop, I'd be able to edit through Adobe Premiere CC 2018 without any lags. But yet, I am. I tried to even use Adobe Premiere 2016, an older version which has low requirements but still, lags. 

I've been watching samples from YouTube regards to playing The Sims 4. With 4GB ram, the gameplay is smooth, however, when I play, it lags. It sometimes takes around 5 minutes to get it back working properly as it frozes.

Its already in my plan to add 8Gb ram so it'll be 12GB in total. 

But knowing others can use 4Gb without any lags and issues, I'm kinda skeptical the upgrade will work. 

Is there something wrong with the hardware itself? Or will the upgrade really helps?

Answers

• I just have a few questions, clarifications and needs advice with my newly purchased Acer Nitro 5. 
    Here are the specs:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-75AJ
    Intel Core i7-9750H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz
    4gb (2667MHz DDR4)
    1tb HDD
    Intel UHD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4gb GDDR5)

I specifically bought this laptop for gaming and video editing. However, I'm getting lag issue and it hangs from time to time. I was expecting with this kind of high end laptop, I'd be able to edit through Adobe Premiere CC 2018 without any lags. But yet, I am. I tried to even use Adobe Premiere 2016, an older version which has low requirements but still, lags. 

I've been watching samples from YouTube regards to playing The Sims 4. With 4GB ram, the gameplay is smooth, however, when I play, it lags. It sometimes takes around 5 minutes to get it back working properly as it frozes.

Its already in my plan to add 8Gb ram so it'll be 12GB in total. 

But knowing others can use 4Gb without any lags and issues, I'm kinda skeptical the upgrade will work. 

Is there something wrong with the hardware itself? Or will the upgrade really helps?

Update Your NVIDIA gpu driver form official Nvidia site.this will fix it
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

3. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★