Swift 3 How To Reset To Factory Settings (My NXGV7-EK0088-1305929-7200 doesn't boot)

hoggie33
hoggie33 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I bought an Acer Laptop (Swift 3) in summer 2018. One month ago, I was trying to reset to factory settings but midway through the back up process this screen appeared.

It is impossible to move away from these two screens. Pressing escape or any other key just loops the laptop between these two screens.

Since I needed to use a laptop, I bought a cheap one till I got this laptop fixed.

I want help to know how to fix it?

Can I fix it manually myself?
Can I send the laptop somewhere? (Mail)
Where is the nearest Acer Support Service Shop to me? (China, GZ, Foshan)

Any response is most appreciated.

Any insights into rectifying this issue?

Kind Regards,

Mr J. Hoggard 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    It looks like either the BIOS got set to the wrong boot mode (UEFI should be correct for systems coming with W8 or later) or  the UEFI partition on the drive got erased or corrupted. Boot from a Windows install flash drive and use diskpart to look at the partitions on the drive. There should be a 100MB partition that holds the UEFI image which contains the Windows Boot Manager. If it's there then you'll want to use the bootrec tool to fix it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.