Test Audio working on Aspire 5 but nothing else

MrPenguinPants9
MrPenguinPants9 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought an Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L, and a couple of weeks ago, my sound went out, so after troubleshooting for about 5 hours, I got it to work via Mixer. Then, a couple of weeks ago, it started repeatedly muting and unmuting Chrome so I could not listen to anything. After about 3 reboots, the issue resolved itself. Then, today, it stopped working, and I have tried every troubleshooting step I can. If I run Windows sound diagnostics, it just tells me that I should disable audio enhancements and gives me a link to do that. It opens up audio properties and I have no enhancement tab. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers and downloading them from Realtek's website, but no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    >>>it started repeatedly muting and unmuting Chrome so I could not listen to anything.>>>
    What happens in IE or Firefox? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrPenguinPants9
    JackE said:
    >>>it started repeatedly muting and unmuting Chrome so I could not listen to anything.>>>

I was using chrome. 
  • MrPenguinPants9
    JackE said:

I was using chrome. 
    sorry i had big brain fart while typing that. It doesn't work in other applacations, no. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    >>> repeatedly muting and unmuting Chrome>>>

Does this only happen when you're in a browser like Chrome, IE and FireFox? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ