X35 Will not show bios, but my ASUS PG34 does just fine

Options
Zigma
Zigma Member Posts: 7 New User
edited December 2019 in Monitors

I got my X35 the day it came out, and I am happy with it.  I am getting tired of not being able to see bios at all on it.  Right now, if I want to get into my bios, I need to plug in my ASUS PG34.  Even if I quickly press del over and over after power on, my pc will not show or even enter bios when connected to the X35.
windows is installed as UEFI
My specs are
Motherboard: ASUS maximus xi formula
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GAMING X 8G
Intel: Intel Core i9-9900K
Hard Drives: Samsung 970 Evo 2 TB
Power: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum

I be grateful for any tips, advice, and help.  
Thank you

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options
    Do the following:
    1. Open Settings 
    2. Click on Update & Security
    3. Click on Recovery
    4. Under the “Advanced startup” section, click the Restart button
    (Quick note: The Advanced startup option in the Settings app isn’t available through a Remote Desktop Connection)

Once you complete the steps, this action will log you out immediately of your current session to access the Advanced startup experience.
    For other ways to
    "access Advanced startup options on Windows 10" go here: https://pureinfotech.com/access-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-troubleshoot-fix-pc/ where they have a very comprehensive methods of doing a startup into Advanced and into BIOS in Windows 10.

• Zigma
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I dont see how that helps my issue.  I want to be able to see my asus bios splash screen and be able to enter bios like I can with my ASUS PG348Q,  on my ACER X35 Predator.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    This is very strange? Check the connectivity of your X35, check the whatever cable that you have it connected by e.g. HDMI or USB. 
  • Zigma
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    This is very strange? Check the connectivity of your X35, check the whatever cable that you have it connected by e.g. HDMI or USB. 
    Tested with 3 DP cables and one HDMI. they all work great on the ASUS but still no bios on the Acer X35.  If i put my bios into CSM mode, it does work on the X35 but looks large and not great. 
  • Zigma
    edited December 2019
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Do the following:
    1. Open Settings 
    2. Click on Update & Security
    3. Click on Recovery
    4. Under the “Advanced startup” section, click the Restart button
    (Quick note: The Advanced startup option in the Settings app isn’t available through a Remote Desktop Connection)

Once you complete the steps, this action will log you out immediately of your current session to access the Advanced startup experience.
    For other ways to "access Advanced startup options on Windows 10" go here: https://pureinfotech.com/access-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-troubleshoot-fix-pc/ where they have a very comprehensive methods of doing a startup into Advanced and into BIOS in Windows 10.

I did just do a feel clean install of windows 10, still same issue. I also did the advance startup and click change UEFI firmware, still only black screen until I get into windows.
  • Zigma
    Options
    I have done everything here too https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-skips-bios/
    Still no luck.
  • Zigma
    Options
    just turned off fast startup, clear cmos, and set secure boot on and off.  Still no luck
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    So, I believe the issue is that the monitor doesn't support low enough resolution on the DP to show the 640x480 screen the BIOS wants. Here are the relevant specs on the monitor:

Horizontal Frequency 88 kHz to 282 kHz - DisplayPort

Vertical Frequency 24 Hz to 180 Hz - DisplayPort

Horizontal Frequency 30 kHz to 150 kHz - HDMI

Vertical Frequency 24 Hz to 100 Hz - HDMI

That looks like the BIOS display will work on HDMI but not on DP. Give it a try to see if I'm right. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zigma
    Options
    billsey said:
    So, I believe the issue is that the monitor doesn't support low enough resolution on the DP to show the 640x480 screen the BIOS wants. Here are the relevant specs on the monitor:

Horizontal Frequency 88 kHz to 282 kHz - DisplayPort

Vertical Frequency 24 Hz to 180 Hz - DisplayPort

Horizontal Frequency 30 kHz to 150 kHz - HDMI

Vertical Frequency 24 Hz to 100 Hz - HDMI

That looks like the BIOS display will work on HDMI but not on DP. Give it a try to see if I'm right. :)

I did test it on HDMI, still does not work. 
    Thanks for the idea
  • VoodooKing
    VoodooKing Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I know it's old post but same thing happened to me. I managed to fix it, apparently it's not Acer's fault. It's the card. Download below to fix.

NVIDIA Graphics Firmware Update Tool for DisplayPort 1.3 and 1.4 Displays

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)