Windows not working on Acer Aspire Z1-621G

GamingEvolved
GamingEvolved Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Everytime I try using Windows a screen shows up saying Your PC did not start correctly, but if I restart it shows up again.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Can you show us a picture of the failure message and what happens when you try to go on?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GamingEvolved
    I meant to attach this image
  • GamingEvolved
    billsey said:
    Can you show us a picture of the failure message and what happens when you try to go on?
    I meant to attach this image
    When I try to restart it reappears. I have used the advanced options to install Linux Mint in a Dual boot setup.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    OK, likely the Mint install mucked a bit with the UEFI Windows boot stuff. In Advanced Options you should be able to get into a command prompt. From there you can look at your disks, volumes and partitions using diskpart. Once you know which are which then you should be able to use bootrec and bcdedit to get things back running for Windows. Once Windows is back to booting then google a bunch on setting Mint up for dual boot with Windows, there are Grub settings that likely aren't the default in order to support UEFI in a dual boot mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.