How do I fix the touchscreen on an Acer Iconia 8 B1-850

GamingEvolved
GamingEvolved Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Iconia 8 with Android. The screen itself is working, and it has no cracks, but it will not do anything if you touch it.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I remembered he display and digitizer as bonded together, but when looking through the service manual it shows them separate. The problem is they only sell them as a matched set, display, digitizer and cover. The Acer part number is 6M.LC3NB.001. There's a chance you'll be able to find them parted out of a system on eBay but it's a bit of a challenge to disassemble. The screen, digitizer and cover are the last pieces left after you remove everything else, since everything else is pretty much mounted to them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I remembered he display and digitizer as bonded together, but when looking through the service manual it shows them separate. The problem is they only sell them as a matched set, display, digitizer and cover. The Acer part number is 6M.LC3NB.001. There's a chance you'll be able to find them parted out of a system on eBay but it's a bit of a challenge to disassemble. The screen, digitizer and cover are the last pieces left after you remove everything else, since everything else is pretty much mounted to them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.