How do I fix lags and low fps after updates?

Options
Dray
Dray Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So Ive had this acer nitro 5 laptop for about 2 weeks it has an amd ryzen 2500U with radeon vega mobile gfx cpu With amd radeon tm vega 8 graphics and radeon RX560X series graphics card so it first gave me the option after a week to update and shut down or update and restart my pc i did the update and shut down then i got back in 2 hours later only to see the games i used to have 100+ fps in now getting 40 fps i did few fixes here and there by going to device manager and updating both drivers but then the next week which was recently yesterday i got the samw update option again my game went back to its 40 fps but when i tried the same fix im still lagging not with 4p fps  but my same game i used to get 120 fps in is now getting only 91 and other games are suffering how do i fix this

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Your GPU settings probably reverted after the update and the only correct way to update is through the AMD Adrenalin Control Center.
     Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:

Please click YES if I answer your question

Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.12.2  or higher and click express upgrade
    If you have the old Catalyst Control center then update to 19.12.2 from this link and it will install the Adrenalin Control center and the correct updated drivers. ALWAYS update from the Adrenalin Control center NOT Device Manager
     https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GAMING6698
    Options
    Dray said:
    So Ive had this acer nitro 5 laptop for about 2 weeks it has an amd ryzen 2500U with radeon vega mobile gfx cpu With amd radeon tm vega 8 graphics and radeon RX560X series graphics card so it first gave me the option after a week to update and shut down or update and restart my pc i did the update and shut down then i got back in 2 hours later only to see the games i used to have 100+ fps in now getting 40 fps i did few fixes here and there by going to device manager and updating both drivers but then the next week which was recently yesterday i got the samw update option again my game went back to its 40 fps but when i tried the same fix im still lagging not with 4p fps  but my same game i used to get 120 fps in is now getting only 91 and other games are suffering how do i fix this
    Simply update your gpu driver from official amd radeon site or acer site.and run your game from amd radeon software 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Your GPU settings probably reverted after the update and the only correct way to update is through the AMD Adrenalin Control Center.
     Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:

Please click YES if I answer your question

Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.12.2  or higher and click express upgrade
    If you have the old Catalyst Control center then update to 19.12.2 from this link and it will install the Adrenalin Control center and the correct updated drivers. ALWAYS update from the Adrenalin Control center NOT Device Manager
     https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★